food The Drunken Chef

Oh no.Other people have sent me pm's about the rudeness of some people toward me. When I was here originally no one took pot shots at me. I haven't changed but the board has. If what was said was in fun that's one thing but these were not.

pileiton I can assure you it's all in fun. The "rule" comment was all in fun like when AJ said it was a rule ribs had to be cooked outside and we picked on PF all day for it. :)

Back to cooking pics.

I'll be posting something tonight.. its wednesday.. which is just before thursday the unofficial start of the weekend so I might be having a drink or three.. just gotta work out how to get some chilli in my dish.. its a creamy, cheesy, baconey chicken potato bake :D

sounds like a job for Mr. Fatalii...

possibly.. i have some dried fatalli here so that can get sprinkled on to mine at the end.. if i get any on mrmels he'll cry :P

lol...

mel, it is best cooked with and not sprinkled on top...you need to "float the capsaicin"...if you don't float the capsaicin, your digestive tract will and you will be in tales from the loo thread...

if you cook a poofy one, PF will want it... :rofl:

see, I told ya.... :rofl:

so it is tthursday afternoon there?

I am doing both PF...

mel, I meant Wed afternoon, I am a day ahead in my thinking....could have something to do with the melon balls...

thehotpepper.com said:
pileiton I can assure you it's all in fun. The "rule" comment was all in fun like when AJ said it was a rule ribs had to be cooked outside and we picked on PF all day for it. :)

Back to cooking pics.

Yep. Yep and yep.

thehotpepper.com said:

Back to cooking pics.
Man, you are giving away my plot to win the tiara. Next time don't out me!

prep has started... my chicken is half cooked.. bacon currently cooking.. ETA of awesome dinner about an hour away

decided to smash up two bits of a fatalii and a bit of douglah

pre smash
Picture378.jpg

post smash
Picture379.jpg

all ingredients
Picture380.jpg

soo.. the idea is is my usual chicken 'tater bake but now with a kick.. i've got to make mine separate to mrmel as he'll cry too much..

i'm going to layer potato slices with cheese and a bacon/shallot (scallion i think for you US's)/garlic mix with the dried chillis and chicken.. then cream is poured over the top more cheese added on top and baked in the oven for around an hour.. not sure how it'll turn out but i'm cooking enough for mrmel that if mine tastes like crap i'll still be able to have dinner :D if mine doesnt taste like crap then we'll have left overs for a night or two.. oh there are two types of cheese.. normal tasty plus some brie!!

Back