food The Drunken Chef

Ooops posted late, the red pod is what i call a thai hot, although it isn't... I got a plant off an old bloke a couple of years ago and this is from it's offspring, they are awesome tasty with a very mild heat and very crunchy like serranos. I have heaps of seeds if you want some.

JayT said:
WTF does that have to do with Drunken Chef Wheebz? I'm calling you out on this one. Just because you posted some chili and some pasta does NOT give you the right to start post whoring in this thread with no mention of booze nor food. (except the fact that I was drinking tonight, which I have continued to do here see my thread about it in the Buzz). Anyway, get to drinking and or cooking or get out!

Well as a matter of fact I was making asparagus and eating some jalapeno bread, I just didnt post pics because its just asparagus and jalapeno bread....

So shut your mouth buddy!!!

Nova! Bloody sexy looking prawns compadre! Hot blue and righteous sex on a plate!

Melly mel, oooooh get down brown girl with the ribs! Can't wait to see the pics.

texas blues said:
Nova! Bloody sexy looking prawns compadre! Hot blue and righteous sex on a plate!

Melly mel, oooooh get down brown girl with the ribs! Can't wait to see the pics.

Where are your pics, Amigo?

...or did I miss them in my in-and-out drunken yo-yo demeanor?

Sorry, been doing some research on smokers and might just have to build a UDS. Anywhoo...

I did a little chillin' and grillin' in The Blues Kitchen. Prawns, bacon, baby bok choy, Japanese eggplant.

IMG_2310.jpg

Gettin' down with the bacon wrapped shrimps...

IMG_2319.jpg

I made a little sriacha remoulade to dip the prawns in and just drizzled a little balsamic vin on the bok choy and eggplant...KILLER!!

IMG_2324.jpg

Enjoy!

IMG_2325.jpg

paulky_2000 said:
Holy Jalapeno on a stick, TB!!!!

The only thing I can say is.....you should have made more!!!

WIN!!!!!!

paulky_2000 said:
By the way......Jay's aftermath still seems to be haunting your grill! :lol:

I actually had a few shrimp leftover. Slapped 'em on a tortilla for lunch. Far as the grill goes, I've been using it alot lately and have been remiss
in my sanitation practices. Oh well...if 500 degrees doesn't kill it..it ain't gonna' die.

texas blues said:
I actually had a few shrimp leftover. Slapped 'em on a tortilla for lunch. Far as the grill goes, I've been using it alot lately and have been remiss
in my sanitation practices. Oh well...if 500 degrees doesn't kill it..it ain't gonna' die.

Hell....I never clean my charcoal grill......except for running a brush over the hot grill surface before cooking, that is.

I have cast iron grates and clean them like a cast iron pan. Never! LOL

Stick half an onion on a fork and you can clean a hot grill.

thehotpepper.com said:
I have cast iron grates and clean them like a cast iron pan. Never! LOL

Stick half an onion on a fork and you can clean a hot grill.

That's a damn interesting idea...I will try that tonight!

BBQ chicken on deck!

pileiton said:
I've seen Steve Raichlen do that trick with the onion and if it's good enough for him...

What the hell do you do with the onion when you're finished wiping down the grill surface?

slice it and finish cooking it? YUM!!!

Paul I didn't mess it up that much! Oven chicken two ways tonight for me. 'Bout to be raining cats and dogs here. Wheebz where's the pics of the asparagus? :rofl:

Omz drunked an cooking balsamic portobellos with some pesto an stuff maybeez I'll enter them in that veggie thread. Seems no one is entering!

thehotpepper.com said:
Omz drunked an cooking balsamic portobellos with some pesto an stuff maybeez I'll enter them in that veggie thread. Seems no one is entering!

I would, but there is no meat category.

TB - those bacon prawns look awesome!!!

I got stuck into the sticky ribs last night... they're kinda half and half.. a bit on the bbq.. then the rest in the..... shhhh.... OVEN!!! here ya go!
rubbed with my special mix of spices, including the hippy's bhut powder..
IMG_2576.jpg

on the bbq
IMG_2578.jpg

in the oven
IMG_2579.jpg

Back