food The Drunken Chef

finished up..
IMG_2581.jpg

IMG_2582.jpg

mel said:
thanks TB! my hands were burning all night from rubbing the ribs :P

OUCH! I have a box of those rubber surgeons gloves for stuff like that. You get extra points for remembering to have booze in the piccy...unlike some others (ahem....Jay) here.

texas blues said:
OUCH! I have a box of those rubber surgeons gloves for stuff like that. You get extra points for remembering to have booze in the piccy...unlike some others (ahem....Jay) here.

Whachu talkin' 'bout Willis? I have had booze in my pics nearly every time and the times I haven't you just have to trust that I am either drunk or working on it! Get off my shite and go clean that grill will ya?!!! :lol:

JayT said:
Whachu talkin' 'bout Willis? I have had booze in my pics nearly every time and the times I haven't you just have to trust that I am either drunk or working on it! Get off my shite and go clean that grill will ya?!!! :lol:

hmmmph! I'm actually thinking of getting rid of the grill. It's great for fish, chix, and other stuff, but doesn't really get all that hot. I might ditch it just to make room for the UDS. I have a hibachi that I really dig anyways so I don't really need the gas unit anymore.

You could always cook your ribs in the OVEN! Look I did it with chicken tonight.

100_6612.jpg

100_6613.jpg

Two kinds of marinated chicken quarters. The one on the left is a Southwestern Beer (believe it or not, it says Shinerbock) and Chile marinade, and the one on the right is a Citrus and Chile Marinade called Barrier Reef from Oz.

OH AND BEFORE TB CRUCIFIES ME...

100_6609.jpg

holy smokes this looks awesome!! TB and JT bringin it!!!
those bacon wrapped skrimps looked amazing..

At the risk of starting a fight....and no disrespect to all the other type of smokers, I love them all...TB, look into a propane upright smoker (not the one that takes sawdust hockey pucks), called smokey mountain delight or something like that, it's about $150 on amazon. It will keep whatever temp, as low as 225, all friggin day with no adjustment or work necessary, except changing wood.
I know other ones are good too, but look it up. I have been so pleased with it. Great bang for the buck

FD

frydad4 said:
holy smokes this looks awesome!! TB and JT bringin it!!!
those bacon wrapped skrimps looked amazing..

At the risk of starting a fight....and no disrespect to all the other type of smokers, I love them all...TB, look into a propane upright smoker (not the one that takes sawdust hockey pucks), called smokey mountain delight or something like that, it's about $150 on amazon. It will keep whatever temp, as low as 225, all friggin day with no adjustment or work necessary, except changing wood.
I know other ones are good too, but look it up. I have been so pleased with it. Great bang for the buck

FD

Much oblige Fitty. On the smoker 'thang, I already have everything to build the wombat. Cost to me....$0.00.

Thats almost as good as free.

keep us posted. I'll look forward to seeing the wombat finish 2nd to the soflo posse in a throwdown soon.

Don't know much about time zones, but it's beer thirty here, cracking another one. Hope you are joining us.

FD

Oh I heard of that. Get the steak. :rofl:

Mel, Barrier Reef is a sauce company that makes a sauce/marinade called Citrus Chili that I used on my chicken. I would take a pic of the bottle, but I already recycled it.

by now it has been melted, pelletized, and reformed into bottles of feminine lubricant to be distributed worldwide.
way to do your part.

and by feminine lubricant I mean wine coolers.

BBQ Chicken

Nothing really special here besides just having a great time last night. We decided that chicken on the grill was the ticket to go with the evening's festivities:

DSC00786.jpg

Used a new Weber chicken spice:

DSC00788.jpg

Tim was in charge of making the cole slaw while I handled the grill.

DSC00789.jpg

Got a little more "done" on the outside than I had intended, (I blame the beer.) however, it was wonderful and juicy on the inside.

DSC00791.jpg

Back