food The Drunken Chef

thanks guys... the taters were definitely good... for a whack together after work i was impressed.. mrmel ate most of the taters.. but it was six taters that went into it..all i got was on 'me plate :P

Ok, first of all, I am going to have to ask for clemency for not posting pics of booze, but I am already drunk and Wheebz can attest. Had a day off and spent the day out with friends. Yada yada here's the goods:

100_6656.jpg

100_6657.jpg

Italian chicken, marinated steak, brats, and teriyaki pork chops.

paulky_2000 said:
Why not enter it in the Veggie-Throwdown? :lol:

:lol: I'm on a vegetarian diet too. I only eat herbivore animals, no carnivores... hmmm ...except maybe some fish eating fish... ...would also like to try gator steak... hmmm ...okay, forget about it.

texas blues said:
Boooooooooooooo! No booze = no rating! Boooooooooooooo! Repeat offender! Booooooooooooo!!!!

texas blues said:
Never a FAIL-O-METER around when you need one.....NOOOOOVVVVAAAAA!!!!!! :rofl:

You know I knew this was coming. I was piss drunk already from being out all day. It was all I could do to get the food cooked and snap a couple pics. I could not drink any more last night. I still thought you should see the awesomeness that was cooked though.

Hey ya'll. Went to turn on the gas grill and it was out of gas. Meh...good 'thang I have lots of cast iron.
Got some good 80/20 burger, mixed it with blue cheese crumbles and AJ's bhut puree and got the iron hot. I love canned 'peno's on burgers, along with some sauteed red onion, tomato and dill pickles. I had a chunk of cotija cheese to use up too.

Note the inclusion of alcohol in teh pics!! (Jay)

IMG_2333.jpg

IMG_2329.jpg

Hot, brown, and lots of it!

IMG_2335.jpg

Pure meaty sexonabun ya'll!

IMG_2340.jpg

Grill will be back in action tonight......

JayT said:
heh heh. That first one was probably Mrs. Blues burger and this one yours. Right Shirley? :lol:

Your taunts cannot penetrate my manly man armor! Shortly I will post pics of last nights meatapalooza goin's on whence you will bow down and worship!!

:waiting:

I think I shall take pics of the pork fest that will be happening at Mom and Dad Jay T's house today. I am making four racks of ribs. Two baby backs that have been soaking in apple juice since yesterday and this huge slab of ribs that I bought this morning. Not even sure what cut they are, but they are huge. Going to have to trim them. Also made a huge batch of pico de gallo, and this garlic and cheese dip. Oh did I mention wings???? Pics aplenty later tonight or tomorrow.

Here's some of teh goin's on last eve in The Blues Kitchen ya'll. I've been having a hankering for some chimmichanga's for some time. Back in Port Townsend, WA, there was a joint that made them filled with bbq beef! 'Lawd have mercy they were guuuud!! So I stopped at the local joint yesterday on a meat hunt but I just couldn't decide...until my eyes fell on a couple of angus ribeyes. Ribeyes? Why the hell not....

Got 'em going with a little (actually a lot!) of PF's bhut powder.

IMG_2341.jpg

Got the hibachi fired up with a mix of kingsford and mesquite charred wood and slapped those baby's on.

IMG_2351.jpg

I almost stopped right here with this pic as it was soooo good right off the grill but no....I was on a mission from GOD!!

IMG_2355.jpg

So I fired up the cast iron on the stove, sauteed some onion, and then tossed in the sliced ribeye and finished it with my own bbq sauce....have mercy!

IMG_2357.jpg

Much more to come ya'll.....

Now here's where it gets even better ya'll...

Got a nice big flour tortilla, slapped some cheese on it and the ribeye....

IMG_2358.jpg

I already had the oil armed and ready in the dutch oven...perfect timing!

IMG_2359.jpg

The piccy's don't do this stuff justice ya'll. On a scale of 1 teh 10....these were a 47!!!

IMG_2364.jpg

Hot sexonaplate baby....

IMG_2369.jpg

This stuff won't make a fatboy slim but....alas...I'll be eating rabbit food for a couple of weeks now..

Back