• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Drunken Chef

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch of Las Vegas. I had picked up some beautiful chix I wanted to deep fry but soon discovered I didn't have enough oil. Why not just drive down to the local grub store and buy it you ask? BECAUSE I WAS PISS DRUNK!! Alrighty then. I grab the bottle of Hornitos tequila and ready myself to begin the destruction. I fire up the cast iron dutch oven and just start throwing stuff in. Olive oil. Garilc. Julieanned shallot. Chix thighs. Gets a little blurry here but I somehow managed to debone the thighs without chopping off my leg but then all good cooks should be able to pull that off. The vast majority of experienced kitchen rats and riffraff cook much better after a bottle of wine or three. Those of you reading this keep that little kitchen tip in mind, especially when family from out of town is around. If the wife is chewing your ass the next day for your drunken lewd and lascivious behavior in the kitchen the previous night, then you know you must have made a helluva meal and did it right.

Continuing on, I soon missplaced my shot glass and decided to dispensed with it all together. Why should tequila have to go through a middleman anyway. Liquors quicker straight from the bottle. I discovered I had a stash of dried pequins from last season and bada bing bada boom in they went. Same with some forlorn looking button mushrooms. Whirring and stirring with a spoon in one hand and the bottle of firewater in the other, why not deglaze the pan with tequila? Excellent idea! Might as well get rid of the rest of the hab salsa I made the other day. In that goes, adios baby! Add some seasalt and cracked black pepper. Whir and stir. Taste. It tastes like burning. Nice.

Somehow during this culinary rampage I managed to take a few pics.

The beginning of the end...

0230.jpg

I think this was chicken..

0228.jpg

Stewing in its own juices, just like me..

0231.jpg

I can't be sure but I think I ate it with tortilla's but who can say. This morning as I looked at the devastation in the Blues Kitchen I reckoned that were I to detonate a hundred pounds of C4
in the middle of it I would only cause about $21.47 worth of damage. Mrs. Blues was not amused but and well acquainted with my late night shenanigans. Ahhh marital bliss.

Now that I have started this thread, I call on all you THP drunks, sots, and gin blossomed heathens to keep it going. Pics are mandatory and it goes without saying that rule number one is...YOU MUST BE DRUNK WHEN COOKING!!

So get the divorce papers ready, get your favorite bottle of liquid stupid and get cookin' ya'll!

Cheers, TB.

McHottie and Mcdermott... WIN.

Brian (for his "super-eminent" sauces)... WIN.

TB...FAIL. I know it is only Mic Ultra, but it IS beer. And, WHERE IS THE MEAT?

DC has no preconditions on meat! Heat and booze is all that is required. Now go and get your shinebox! :rofl:

I was doing chilli vodka shots during the throwdown so it counts in this thread too. :D

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/21711-begin-asian-throwdown/page__view__findpost__p__452414

Now here is the rest of the story. You know me, I can't use the grill for just some silly short ribs. I need to fill it up. Here is what else was on there. Oops forgot the pic of the snausages. Just trust me they were there.

100_8980.jpg

100_8981.jpg

100_8988.jpg

100_8979.jpg

For drinky see throwdown entry. It is Saki.

That is all for now. Time to get drunky.

I started on this grubbage Saturday morning and had it completed Sunday in time for supper. Delay in the pics cause it was mother's day ... and well ... ok i was just lazy last night. :)

I give you...Pulled Pork.....

The dry rub ingredients -

100_9779.jpg

100_9781.jpg

Made a brine for the pork. Used a couple tablespoons of the dry rub, water, brown sugar, and salt. Mixed and added the Pork Shoulder. I let this brine for 13 hours

100_9786.jpg

After the brine, took it out patted it dry and rubbed the dry rub mix on and placed in the oven for another 15 hours on low.

In the morning it was lookin good...had my chocolate milk while checking it out.

100_9802.jpg

Few more hours and this is what it looked like.

100_9805.jpg

This stuff literally fell apart

100_9809.jpg

This stuff was soooo good we had to try it a few different ways (in other words we ate pig like fricken pigs). :dance:

First way was with some of Buddy's sauce (thanks Buddy - this stuff is awesome!)

100_9819.jpg

100_9814.jpg

Next Mike tried another with Tongue Wrapper and BBQ sauce. BTW those are his dirty fingernails in the pic...not mine. Ewwww, but a good ewww we got to work outside with the plants all day- that's where the dirt came from - I hope. :rofl:

100_9820.jpg

My second helping was with HBD grilling sauce.

100_9821.jpg

I know tons of pics...but hey it was a long process. :dance: Best thing about all this...tonight is leftovers. :woohoo:

Awesome babe! And a REAL man works in the dirt with his plants and comes in and eats..no soap or cleaning required.thats just how we roll! :)
This was the best pulled pork i've ever had..HIGHLY recommend this dish..

Well, I finished my leftovers from the weekend and I am still hungry. In spite of Geeme's suggestion of Frito Pie (which I know I would love, but have no fritos), it is wings again. This time I am going to to make some with Pain is Good honey habanero sauce that someone gave me, and Buddy's Fatalii Mango Pineapple sauces. I did break this out over the weekend and it was a huge hit at the party. Here they are with a sprinkling of Oh Sh#t rub.

100_8990.jpg

Geeme, I am drinking Sake if that helps. More pics to come.

Ok, here's an in progress shot. Guess which ones are which...

100_8992.jpg

I'm your hot wing man. Stop me when I'm passing by. I'm your hot wing man...

100_8994.jpg

100_8995.jpg

100_8996.jpg

The Pain is Good ones are pretty hot. More than expected. Buddy, I am totally digging your sauce. I didn't want to use the whole rest of the bottle on these wings so that is why there are less of yours. Fantastic heat and flavor.

Back