food The Drunken Chef

Thank you, thank you all, takes a bow. I'd like to thank my mom for teaching me to cook and Alton Brown for teaching me the meaning of Good Eats!

(null)

Ok, so I am not a typical, by-the-rules guys. So no turkey, or ham, or even prime rib (though I wish I would have) today for me. I made some Cajun Island Blackened Chicken with Bourbon Sauce. This stuff comes from a guy named Nick Ney and it is awesome. I am breaking out my stash of Christmas beers too. Who knows where this is headed today. Firsty, a Franziskaner which I know has nothing to do with Christmas, but it seemed like a good way to start.

100_9952.jpg

I rubbed these with Cajun Island Blackening Seasoning yesterday and left sit overnight. I then added a little more (oh and don't tell anyone, but I used some of Justaguy's Smoked Scorpion Powder too) and heat up some canola oil pretty hot.

100_9953.jpg

100_9954.jpg

100_9957.jpg

Yum.

Looks yummy! We've done chile-rubbed flank steaks for Christmas for about the last 5 years, and aren't veering from that this year. It's easy, tastes delicious, and, oh, by the way, tastes great! LOL I think I've posted pics of this before, so won't bother this time. In the meantime, though, I'm having some Bailey's love......

When Jay and I were at Peppers at the Beach 2 years ago, Cajun Island had this combination going on down there at his stand, and holy shit was it absolutely amazing

Yeah sammys would be good, but I went all TB with it and made a wrap with some jack cheese more of the sauce and some fatalii.

100_9960.jpg

100_9961.jpg

Oh YUM! those pics made me hungry again,,,,,

Gotta wait for other pics to be forwarded to me from peoples's ophones, crackberries -n stuff. Yea I'm lame because the camera battery went dead I had to rely on "modern technology" to document the event.

I think my sister-in-law is related to geeme. I left a glass of wine last night and she saved it for me....
2be4c956.jpg

8f78ffc9.jpg

geeme, not quite an army, but 7 people for 2 meals. Prime rib dinner and enough for french dips tomorrow...

and I finished that glass.....plus one or two more.....;)

Not much evidence of this one.......but we had Hot Browns for Christmas dinner.......

.....oh yeah.....and beer.

100_0026.jpg

100_0028.jpg

100_0029.jpg

100_0136.jpg

100_0137.jpg

100_0138.jpg

Hope everyone had a very merry!

Looks fantastic. I am drooling at the thought of it. And at that bacon. Good to see you posting pics again Paul.

I wonder what SoFlo and Bear did for Christmas...

I'm gonna have to use some old-skool Northern U.S. terminology to describe the SoFlo Holiday Season... "things get wicked crazy down here."

Pictures happen, but usually none that are THP SoFlo Certified.

Sorry peeps. Made some mean pulled pork [smoked on FD's Weber-- thanks for the hook-up bro!], yucca fries, and tostones for Noche Buena. And it was something to behold.....

But I have no pics, even though it really did happen.

Bear crashed in the tub that evening with a handle of Jim Beam clutched in his paws.

True Story

Back