food The Drunken Chef

In honor of Pauly's triumphant return to DC, I made some egg rolls for tonight.

Ingredients:

won ton wrappers
cabbage
carrots
jalapenos
green onion
bean sprouts
small shrimp
oyster sauce
my Asian Fire Dragon sauce

100_9968.jpg

100_9969.jpg

100_9970.jpg

100_9971.jpg

100_9976.jpg

100_9978.jpg

They are good this way, but I should have fried them instead.

Merry Jingle Balls, Pauly and the rest of the Circle-H gang!

Details of the Prime Rib over in the Red Meat thread, but here's a couple pics and then right into The Next Day---
5cea1c66.jpg

7225b760.jpg

753b7773.jpg

My brother-in-law is deathly allergic to onions, and I couldn't find some commercially prepared sausage that was guaranteed onion-free, so I made some- (no cinnamon, though, and with garlic and marjoram)
576193ee.jpg

Portions that were flattened in the fry-pan for sausage patties-
c77eb4e1.jpg

The bulk sausage frying down...SAVE THAT GREASE!
66af0099.jpg

Spoon off the grease, add some butter (did I mention this is not an AHA-approved recipe? :lol:)
b6725ede.jpg

roux-it-up-
af9558a8.jpg

Don't need no stinkin' Pillsbury Mini biscuits!
9fa6d469.jpg

And...once again, I didn't get a plate picture.....cooking with a half a dozen people around really messes with my DC picture-taking mojo~~~

Best I can show-
c6da938f.jpg

but guess what...there's LEFTOVERS!!!!! :woohoo:

Sausage gravy and biscuits too! Oh my GOD. That's two of my most favoritestes things in the world right there.

prolly not....brb......gotta look at more pics....

well I knew it was alkeehawl..no worries about THAT! But I'm pretty sure it was vino, not vodsky.....

We had vodskies with bloody marys and mimosas and rum/oj earlier in the day. By evening it was beer and wine for most, and scotch for one soul who needed it.

Another pic of my glass that got geeme'd. (xoxo geeme!)

570c727f.jpg

Werds SL.

Had to remind the moms on Christmas day that spiked eggnog for breakfast HAS to be consumed before the noon.

I ain't worried' bought you SL... we know you do it right.

Another pic of my glass that got geeme'd. (xoxo geeme!)

570c727f.jpg

Wait... are you referring to blurry pictures or something half-drunk and topped with cling-wrap then put in the fridge???

Is "Geeme'd" going to be a thing? I can roll with that.

I didn't geeme it, my sister-in-law did...without even knowing about geeme-ing or anything! She just found the half glass of wine, covered it, stuck it in the refer, and gave it to me the next day when we went over for Christmas dinner.

I think she and geeme are distant relatives.......:cool:

Wikipedia:

Geeme: n, a female chilehead from the Cleveland, OH aread. also; v, as in, to Geeme - the act of covering up half of ones beverage in plastic cling wrap in order to preserve for later consumption.

Wikipedia:
Geeme: n, a female chilehead from the Houston, TX area, currently residing in the Cleveland, OH area. also; v, as in, to Geeme - the act of covering up half of ones beverage in plastic cling wrap in order to preserve for later consumption.

FIFY - Oh PLEASE don't say I'm FROM Cleveland! LOL

Ok, so here's one for y'all-

I had a glass of wine on Christmas eve, the sis-in-law covered the 1/2 glass and put it in the refer so when we went over for Christmas day dinner, there was the glass of wine. No Prob, refilled...good to go for the evening..,..

went home, went to bed....

today, back over to their house and what's waiting for me on the kitchen counter...covered with plastic wrap....a DOUBLE GEEMED glass of wine!

Back