food The Drunken Chef

Tru Dat sicman!!! I can cook 'til the cows come home, but I ALWAYS have backups of Totino's & Cup O'Noodles...my worst guilty pleasure/comfort food is Spaghettios tho! But way to class it up with the SKYY. Now, my only question is this...after all the vodka, do you doctor up the frozen pizza at all??????

And SL...I was so close to actually driving myself down for one of those burgers!!! And YOU know what a feat that would be!!!!! Yumm-iliscious!!!!

And SL...I was so close to actually driving myself down for one of those burgers!!! And YOU know what a feat that would be!!!!!

that would of earned you all the burgers you could eat and a free ride home! :lol:

Lookeee what a friend from my home state brought as a holiday present:
titos2.jpg

Oh yeah, and I'm going to make the brownies with chopped rocoto in them shortly. Well, maybe. Depends upon how well I can see straight after I get this bottle open......

That reminds me,

AJ, did you make your Ghiridelli T-scorp brownies yet?

Here we go....
brownie.jpg

What a perfect combo. Brownies made with olive instead of veggie oil, plus chopped rocoto, followed by a dash of Tito's.

And in case y'all are wondering, this was a special gift because they don't sell Tito's in Ohio, and my friend flew it here from TX. Good friends are good to have!

No Tito's in Ohio? That's just sad. I picked up a bottle last Friday at our ABC which of course didn't make it to midnight Saturday. Good stuff there and the brownies are looking good too

We have Tito's in CT... We have a bottle 5th in our freezer now. I havent touched it. Wasnt sure if it was a good vodka. I usually fly with a Dirty Goose

Titos usually is ranked higher than Dirty Goose (and Absolut) by many wine/spirit magazines. That said, I believe taste is objective - just because everyone else in the world likes it doesn't mean you will. Of course, it also increases the chances that you will like it.

C'mon now y'all. Drunken Chef is now homebased out of Texas. Down here we like cheap stuff too! I hide the good stuff from family and act all ingnernt.

I know, I know, I've posted this before, but last night We shared a bottle of Milagro, and I was cooking and had that full-on Holiday feeling.
Molé is our traditional Solstice meal. This time instead of heating it up with Habanaros, I added 2 Bhut's. N I C E . . .

The Playahs..
Almonds (blanched), Pine nuts, Sesame seeds, Tortillas, Cinnamon, Raisins, Fresh banana, Chicken, Onions, garlic, broth, butter, chocolate, Tequila, and of course.... Peppers. California's, New Mexico's, Pasilla Ancho's, Pasilla Negro's, Guajillo's, Habs, and Bhut's... (all dried).

aa3d90af.jpg

0421a1f2.jpg

a69a911c.jpg

Peppers put in the oven for toasting w. 2 corn tortillas for thickening
55304d75.jpg

4 Chicken breasts (on the bone) about 5 lbs. in Broth, Onion, and Garlic.
6a1eb09a.jpg

1 stick of butter, and 3 oz. chocolate
7a8e3b76.jpg

Alchemy....
ebf5d3fd.jpg

Serve up with Hot Corn or Flour Tortillas, and some toasted corn chips, and a spoon. Welcoming back the sun!
074eb09f.jpg

a708aef0.jpg

Back