food The Drunken Chef

No Sic, I did not catch and slaughter the baby lamb. My son asked me if I shot it. :lol: I bought it at the market. More pics coming later. More wine too.

100_0203-2.jpg

100_0204-2.jpg

100_0206-1.jpg

Finally back in teh saddle in The Blues Kitchen. Been on a Huy Fong Chili Garlic high for about a week now and I just love the stuff. Dredged some mahi mahi in flour and slapped it into the black betty with some butter, mae ploy, and the chili garlic sauce.

IMG_3418.jpg

Y'all know me...I gotta' have fish taco's.

IMG_3420.jpg

That was thursday night. Last night I changed it up for Texas gulf shrimps and did 'em up tostada style. Have mercy!

IMG_3422.jpg

Leftover mahi was even better last night!

IMG_3424.jpg

Hosky, tequila and shrimp tostada chingadera's...life is good!

IMG_3426.jpg

So I hang out at a seedy bar.
Go figure.
It's a cool place where people who don't know about it are afraid of it.
But once you're in, everybody knows your name. That kind of place.
Anyway, there's an old fisherman salt who comes by straight from the dock with a cooler full of stone crabs.
You can get a gallon sized zip-loc bag full for $20. And they're big ones.
Market price on these babies is much much much higher.
So I gots me a bag. Havin a cheap night of stone crabs.
Made Joe's Stone Crab mustard sauce, and Joe's stuffed tomatoes, which I've altered the recipe a bit.
PM me if you are interested in the recipes.
Stone crabs are a south florida delicacy. Served cold over ice with a nice dipping sauce and a cold beer.
These aren't like those Alaskan things everyone else eats. Sweet and delicious!
The fishermen are only allowed to rip off one claw, and then throw the crab back in the water to make some more.
No animals were killed for this meal!
Enjoy. I gotta go get drunker.
IMGP2400.jpg

IMGP2401.jpg

Beef stew sounds good on a snowy day like today. Fish and shrimps are good any time. But crab? Crab? CRAB? One of the few awesome memories from my childhood was when we would go crabbing, and slam down every one we caught. They weren't stone, but blues, but still..... CRAB. OOOOOOOoooooooh!

Nice FD! BTW, you can rip off both claws and it's legal, but one is always larger than the other, so most just take the big one to give the crab a better fighting chance at SURIVAL. The stone crab trade is sustainable. Looks awesome. We need to build us some traps!

Back