• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food The Drunken Chef

PK, nice rendition of the satimboco man, almost went with that for dinner tonight, but proscuittto prices are out of my price range my friend!

Kat, love the burger way to go!

I'm pullin' pork for SD tonight! (tmi?) hahahahahaha

Out of cabbage, so trying my hand at broccoli slaw....aaaawwwhhhh sshheeeeeeettttt!

Yea, well I plan on hearting some wings tonight. But I promise my fine friends on the DC that I'll be drinking.
Stay tuned, perhaps.

Get that man a pink tiara!

No pink tierras here. I'm going to be focused on basketball and beer.
I WILL enter the wing challenge (hopefully today).
My wings WONT be in DC, because they are going in I heart wings...
But I WILL be drunk when I make/eat them!!!!!

It's confusing, and may need an algorithm to figure out. Just have a beer and forget it all, like me. :)

ohh hi

drunken guy right here

ended up making some sauce that I was gonna put on some wings, but yea, im kind of tipsy, so I decided to make something that took a quarter of the time

so heres the sauce, and a link to the thread with the description of the sauce

http://www.thehotpep...276#entry593276

2012-03-24_13-17-48_306.jpg

and heres the food

simple, yet elegant, not really

triscuits, italian sausage link de-skinned and cast ironed up, threw on some Sicillian style spaghetti sauce from a local farmer that brought me some at the brewery, drizzled the sauce on everything, then threw on some 4 blend cheese and baked that ish in the oven

2012-03-24_13-38-00_789.jpg

2012-03-24_13-39-21_616.jpg

That has the melted consistency that only comes from a minute in the microwave!!!

Microwaved Triscuit Italian Nachos!!!!!!! Quick, Where's JT?? He's gotta see this!!!

(btw, I've made those, and they are so good!! Every once in a while you get a saltier triscuit, and it is a little piece of heaven)

I have seen it all. A drunken bachelor "everything in the house" platter. I love it. Except for the tater-tot free part.

Hubby made fajitas on Friday :)
Steak, red and green bell peppers, onions and jalapenos all sauted up thrown in a tortilla with refried cheese beans on the side. Oh and too much of waywrights house powder..... lips were burning up. It was yummy though.

IMG047-1.jpg

wheebz, nice drunken midnight snack, I like how the only veggies on there are in the sauce, done in a true bachelor style. But where is the heat, I didn’t see and hot peppers?

HH81 & HH81Bh, I’m liking them there fajitas, better looking then what I usually see in the restaurants, one of these days I’ll have to try my hand at whipping some up.

So last night I decided to make some Generals Tso chicken.
Ingredients, forgot the sugar and ginger in the photo, also only used 4 of those cloves of garlic.
IMG_0326.jpg

Cubed chicken marinating in; Soy Sauce, Mirin, Egg whites, Corn starch, Chicken broth, Huy Fong Foods Chili Garlic sauce
IMG_0332.jpg

I should’ve taken more pics, but that devastator was living up to its name, had to switch to something with a little caffeine in it. Anyhow, added peanut oil and a few drops of sesame oil to a hot skillet, added chiles and toasted, removed (since I’m the only one going eat them), then added chicken (drained), browned then added broccoli and garlic, cooked till fragrant. BTW those toasted chiles with the touch of sesame oil were so good I was munching them while cooking up the rest. After garlic is fragrant add sauce which consists of; Corn starch, Chicken stock, sugar, minced ginger and Kinna’s Laos Chile Paste. Cook until sauce is thick and broccoli was cooked.

Plated over brown rice, and for me add chiles back in.
IMG_0349-1.jpg

BTW I may have been experimenting with a technique for the TD, but then again I may just be F’n with you. ;)

Gotcha, guess I’m the same way with Bhut, scorpion, Fatalii and a few other powders. I keep a bottle of one of those, in my locker at work, in the car, and in one of my jackets, plus an assortment of whole dried pods in my backpack at all times. Never leave home without it, for some reason food just isn’t appetizing anymore unless it has the heat.

It's my sons birthday and he and his wife are coming over for dinner. On the menu is Pork Loin chops marinated in RocketMans Smoked Hab Sauce, Mashed Potatoes and Sonoma Valley Broccoli. So let's get cooking so Scovie can get to droolin.

Thick sliced loin roast marinating
4e5e6dde.jpg

Taters boiling
dbf59ec8.jpg

Sonoma Valley Broccoli ingredients and a Great $4.00 bottle of wine.
b9cb78de.jpg

Sauté Broccoli, onions and garlic in olive oil till broccoli is. Display tender
3405dd65.jpg

Add in 1 jar Fire Roasted Peppers, Kalamata Olives and Majorium.
5ebda960.jpg

Add Feta cheese and plate
daa674c3.jpg

Yummy
e34a492b.jpg

b848ca69.jpg

Oh man that was fantastic and the Malbec was perfect with it.
3e4fd587.jpg

For dessert my daughter made Fatalii Lemon Squares. Fatalii and Myers Lemons, a perfect combination.
2064d2f6.jpg

That broccoli dish has my name written aaaaaalllllll over it!!!!! ( and I just so happen to have some Malbec on hand! hahahaha)

But I GOTTA have that Fatalii Lemon Squares recipe to bring to the NW ChileFest! (pretty pleez???????)

Back