food The Drunken Chef

WOW! That bacon waistband on the fat cheddar beef "belly" burger and box tate's rocks it for moi. Foo foo is fine but cheapness is divine.

RM awesome I’m at a loss for words, so
homer_drool.jpg

Those cowboy steaks just moved to the top of my to do list.

Dinner last night appetizers, bacon wrapped dates. There is a local pub that makes these, and they’re delicious. I saw the dates the other day at the store ant thought I’d give them a try. Turned out damn good!
IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

I started them on foil @ 350̊F but had to move to a wire rack in a pan due to the bacon fat.

IMG_0433.jpg

Drizzled with Balsamic glaze, next time I’m gonna heat the bottle in hot water to thin the glaze.

WTF!!!

That is such an odd sounding appetizer but it looks awesome. Better not forget to take the seeds out of those dates, I think I would be so anxious to bite through that bacony goodness that I would break a tooth.

Now you have me completely curious and I have to try this...

Very nice. I love a thick syrupy balsamic reduction. On that bacon/date chingadera it sounds killer. Equally so drizzled on grilled salmon or chicken.

I noticed the Krump Cup on PK's post. He gets a pass.

Bacon wrapped dates. Nice. Peppers added? I'm not a stickler for making it super hot all the time... any "heat" in those thangs though?

If not, [I think] flavor profile works well with El Yucateco (xxxtra hot sauce- chile habanero).

No heat in them, dinner had the spice. I was having trouble uploading the photos, or they’d be posted, but was running out of time and getting P’d. If I have the time at work tonight I hope to get them posted. Second batch, I dusted the inside of the bacon with chipotle and Bhuts, and they were more awesome.

WTF!!! That is such an odd sounding appetizer but it looks awesome. Better not forget to take the seeds out of those dates, I think I would be so anxious to bite through that bacony goodness that I would break a tooth. Now you have me completely curious and I have to try this...

I de-pitted them

Dinner; grilled chicken and zucchini with roasted jalapenos
Chicken, rubbed down with Cholula, then coated with Black Pepper, salt, garlic, oregano, thyme, basil, and medium NM red chile. Zucchini, sprinkled with salt and pepper.
IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

This is my plate, I sprinkled one crushed Bhut on the chicken and one crushed Fatalli on the zuc’s. It was a little over board, I had to get something to cool it down a bit which was a little sour cream to dip the roasted jalapenos in, then it was the bomb.
IMG_0456.jpg

I also cooked up a roasted sweet potato, but didn’t remember I had it cooling till after we finished eating, just a little :drunk:

SoFlo Sunday BBQ Sundae

Drank a lot of beers today.
The brisket went on the apple wood smoke at 9:15 this morning.
Smoked for 8 hours till it was ready to fall apart.
Washed out 3 mason jars.
Sum whipped up his signature slaw, which used deli mustard and dill, among other magical ingredients.
Made a batch of Hoppin' John. Black Eyed Peas (not the racist band), vidalia, fresno, rice, olive oil, vin.
SoFlo proprietary BBQ sauce was also in need (vinegar based).

Made ourselves some BBQ Sundaes.
They're a little sloppy, but we've been drinkin all day. Again.
Enjoy.

IMGP2461.jpg

IMGP2462.jpg

TB-

One of these days you're gonna make the trip.
Bring the Mrs.
Do it right.
Swing by the SoFlo headquarters for a night.
The rest of the time is for winin' and dinin'...and sixty-Ni...(missionary positionin', the only way loving couples are supposed to, I"ve heard).

BBQ sundaes are awesome. So many possibilities.
Gonna go even more ballz out next time.

Back