• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food The Drunken Chef

Yeah, what she said, ^
Drooling commencing lol!
I want that, and if Jay or THP say anything, THAT IS NOT SALAD!

Awesome as always RM.

For you CJ

Fatalii Lemon Squares

Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 tsp Fatalii Powder
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 lemons, juiced
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, blend together softened butter, 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup sugar. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden. In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar, Fatalii Powder and 1/4 cup flour. Whisk in the eggs and lemon juice. Pour over the baked crust.
Bake for an additional 20 minutes in the preheated oven. The bars will firm up as they cool. For a festive tray, make another pan using limes instead of lemons and adding a drop of green food coloring to give a very pale green. After both pans have cooled, cut into uniform 2 inch squares and arrange in a checker board fashion.

Cheers,
RM

FD has some fatalii's podding up right now. Some might even be ripe in a few weeks. :crossesfingers: We'll definitely try those Lemon Squares.

Well it's Been Spring Break this week and my little 6 and 7 year olds have been hangin with the dadster today. So...... I am beat back to Parade Rest! For non military that means I'm wore out and need to fix dinner. Now what's going to go with this.
7cfbfa80.jpg

I'm thinking Cowboy steaks with Augratin taters from a box and some Broccoli.

Back later

YOU should know how good that pork is. You have had the sauce, now imagine pork simmered in it for hours. You have to show that to CJ. I may have another bottle for you guys yet.

RocketMans Cowboy Steaks

Cowboy Steaks are something my Aunt used to make when all the ranch hands were up for Dinner after a morning of hauling hay. It is the perfect blend of Meat, Bacon, cheese and spice to power you up for an afternoon working on the farm or a night of, well I'll allow your minds to run wild with that thought.

Ingredients

317af865.jpg

Pound of 80/20 Ground Beef, egg, bread crumbs, and my Chili blend

dea26c9d.jpg

Form into a patty and wrap with a slice of Bacon. Secure in place with a scure.

5c41a006.jpg

And onto the grill

c274c330.jpg

These things really flare up so keep a water bottle handy. When done place chilis on top

5e0eb0fd.jpg

and cover with sharp cheader

1648c717.jpg

Be sure to remove the scure before serving and plate. Cowboy steak, taters and broccoli

5b2da6ac.jpg

The close up

949343c3.jpg

Damn fine eats y'all

Cheers,
RM

Yes sir I do! That sauce is like fine wine, but waaaaayyyyy better.
Cj says "don't be teazin JAY!"

She'll be here in a bit...

RocketMan! Wow! I have never seen such a simple bit of masterful perfection.
I had no idea what to expect when you said cowboy steaks. I was thinking maybe Flat-Iron?

That's awesome because of it's simplicity. Keeper for sure, thanks man!

RM, that is not the cowboy steak I had in mind (I was thinking more of a 25oz bone in ribeye), but it looks VERY good.

Jay, you have to keep in mind that on any given day my Aunt might be feedin 20 or so ranch hands. the great thing is that you can use whet ever chili's you want from mild green chili's to butch T's but Sharp Cheader is manditory. These also go great with wine, beer or a good ole glass or ice Tea.

What planets are aligned tonight to make you all cookin' sooooooooo goooood????????

I was gonna post my DC...but now I'm re-thinking that idea.

But I really AM cooking tonight! Baked Country Ham with Balsamic-Maple-Savina Glaze, Jalapeno Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes, [sub]and spinach salad.[/sub]

Since we're having Ramen for Easter, thought I'd get a jump on the more traditional fare. I know, I know...no pics...yadda yadda. If only I could find the camera.... ;)

Back