food The Drunken Chef

Wow, I have never seen Skyline Chili in the freezer section. We have Tamales galore tho!
I just realized I haven't posted plating pics yet. Whuups!

Hell NO! Barely warmed it. As soon as I added the rest of the dry spices, the liquid went in.
You can still see lots of pink in that picture.

Cincinnati chili killer=browning the meat first. :D

Ok, I'm back and in it to win it tonight. The pictures say it all.

Shot #1

IMG_1986.jpg

Processed some pods while waiting for the dough to be ready:

IMG_1988.jpg

I cut up the chocolate fatalii and Danielle made the pie and we had a 2nd round of shots:

IMG_1990.jpg

Which smelled so good cooking, and then ...

IMG_1992.jpg

Seriously.

IMG_1995.jpg

So now I'm about to have the red brains strain chili we made the other night (post forthcoming). It's ok to laugh.

Cheers!

Friday night we had a post too, but I didn't feel like uploading pictures and going through the motions ... much like tonight. What was special though, was making curry w/ beef - I'm not sure why we fall into the pattern of not using beef just because Indian tradition hold cows sacred (I clearly eat beef).

So ... since I try not to over do the carbs, we cut up some celery so that we can use less rice:

IMG_1925.jpg

You'll notice I cut the cluster of celery whole - that's because this is a Drunken Chef meal. Here's the rest of the ingredients:

IMG_1933.jpg

And the finished product:

IMG_1936.jpg

Shot numero dos and plated:

IMG_1937.jpg

It was good, not as hot as most of the stuff we've been having of late, but really flavorful and quite good.

Ahhhhh Man! That rates pretty high on the OHSHIT!-O-METER! :rofl:

Curry looks good, but I have a question, why are those little glasses always full? :rofl:

Ahhhhh Man! That rates pretty high on the OHSHIT!-O-METER! :rofl:

Curry looks good, but I have a question, why are those little glasses always full?
My thoughts exactly.....it hurt to see that pizza on the floor GOOD SIDE DOWN!!!

Try some brown rice with instead ....much better Glycemic index rating...so its "good carbs".Unfortunately white rice is crap to eat....Kinda like sweet potatoes vs typical white bakin' tater- oh well.

what are the orange chilies above the choc fats, ....odd pod yellow 7's or....?

My thoughts exactly.....it hurt to see that pizza on the floor GOOD SIDE DOWN!!!

Try some brown rice with instead ....much better Glycemic index rating...so its "good carbs".Unfortunately white rice is crap to eat....Kinda like sweet potatoes vs typical white bakin' tater- oh well.

what are the orange chilies above the choc fats, ....odd pod yellow 7's or....?

Think you are correct re: the yellow pods, they came in the mixed offering from Baker's ... I'll be having some on a replacement pie tonight ...

I hear you on the brown rice, but I'm not a fan so far ... have a particular way of fixing it that doesn't leave it husky - I'd love to be able to switch!

I love brown rice, but I can't get Scov to eat it, no matter what I do to it!!!! hahaha

This works well to un-husky it....Sauté it in oil first, just until it gets fragrant, then add your liquid and bring to a boil. It's still a little chewy, but soft and tasty!

I love brown rice, but I can't get Scov to eat it, no matter what I do to it!!!! hahaha

This works well to un-husky it....Sauté it in oil first, just until it gets fragrant, then add your liquid and bring to a boil. It's still a little chewy, but soft and tasty!

Will def try that, would love to transition!

Get out your oh-shitometer for this one.

Here's what happens when Me and Sum get a random Wednesday off.
And DAMN I LOVE COCO BREAD!!!! (PM me for the recipe)
We've been drinking all damn day.

Drunken Jerk Pork with mango salsa and pickled onions on coco bread.

Rubbed a pork tenderloin with homemade jerk rub.
Sum makes the jerk powder. I make it into a bbq rub. Team effort!!

Smoked over hickory and allspice. True jerk includes smoke from allspice wood and/or dried berries.

The coco bread is going to be renamed SoFlo bread...Just so you know. Last time it will have it's old name.

Mango salsa has home-grown ingredients. Homegrown mango, homegrown Congo Trinidad, and Homegrown mint. WIth lime juice and vidalia onion.

Pickled onions are sliced vidalias in a jar with white vinegar and congo trinidads and salt. Let sit for a day. It only gets better with time.

The drinks are Miler High Life Light, Miller Light, PBR, and Jim Beam (on ice, no mixer).

I'm forgetting something, but f**k it.

Here's the smoked pork and the wood and allspice berries:
IMGP2573.jpg

IMGP2572.jpg

Here is the coco bread before and after oven action:
IMGP2574.jpg

IMGP2575.jpg

Mango Salsa and pulled jerk pork:
IMGP2576.jpg

IMGP2577.jpg

And that's a bingo:
IMGP2581.jpg