food The Drunken Chef

Awww yeeaaahhh! That's downright healthy! I bet you're full now!
Looks awesome RM,
Better not show the Mrs. what you cooked up behind her back! LOL

OMG - my day went sidewayz!

Wings were on tonight's menu, but I couldn't keep Scov's attention long enough to do anything with 'em...so.....

I decided to give it a whirl!

First off, cutting those buggers was almost enough to make me throw the whole lot out and boil up some ramen. I am NOT well schooled at knifery! (shiver, shiver, cringe, cringe)

Second, me and The Grill are not pals. Not even casual acquaintances. So, (I know I lose points for this) I'm oven cookin'. But I'm going low-n-slow, if that helps any.

Third, I'm takin' some pics, but only Scovie knows the secret password to magically make camera pics land in THPville. As SalsaKid would say....I'm part Amish!?!?!

So someone out there cross their finners for me that I can get SD's attention long enough to post sumpthin' tonight! Or mebby tomorrow morning....

K, Scovie's messed me up! But here are some pics...

CJ's SOFLO Inspired Miami Heat Wings!

wings were marinated in SoFlo Man Gravy, then......made a basting sauce of same Man Gravy, RocketMan's Original Awesomeness, local honey, and some cran/raspberry juice....

63a8bc90.jpg

See? Oven cooking isn't always Fail! :)

cbd31562.jpg

almost ready to dive into......

f9058c5c.jpg

Dished up with Smashed Potato Salad...which is a whole 'nother story......but pretty dang yum in spite of things!!!!

1052830e.jpg

And most of this was created while listening to the Heat win the Championship! What an awesome way to redeem a sidewayz day!!!!!!!! :)

Hey y'all. Haven't been in here for a while, but that's not to say I haven't been drunkenmn cheffin'.

Felt like boning a chicken and then when I was finished, stuffing it full yummy goodness. Cooking terms...not the..forget it. Anyhoo.

Breadcrumbs, onion, lemon zest, pepper, sea salt, parsley and garlic.
P6230925.jpg

Chopped the ends off (helps to sever the tendons) and de-boned. It's a slow and careful process and one I would not recommend whilst drinking too much. Boning knives and beer DON'T mix!
The bones went into the oven to brown and then were used to make chicken stock. Nothing to do with this recipe though. There was one bastard chook leg that missed the chop and went into the stock as is. Bottom left.

P6230928.jpg

Stuffed and ready to cook. They were brushed with a lemon juice, olive oil and salt mix before and two times during the cook. @ 220 C 10 min, 180 C 30 min.

P6230932.jpg

40 minutes later. 4 beers in. Give Cooper's Sparkling Ale a go if you can find it. It's guuud.

P6230942.jpg

All the flavours worked really well, I didn't chop anything off and that's about it.

P6230943.jpg

Two more beers to go. I'm stuffed (like the chook).

DTS - this is the EXACT reason I'm keeping a notebook next to the computer! To jot down these amazing ideas! Stuffed Chook! BRILLIANT! I want to learn to do that!!!!!! (see? i'm gettin' all cocky now that i separated my own wings! :rofl: ) Those look sooooooo tasty!!!!!! Now go do it again, and stuff it with a jalapeno popper!!!!!!! :D

Sorry, DTS, but I'm just not buying it. The "drunk" part, that is. Nope, that glass is TOO FULL, the spelling too good, and even the grammar! Now go drink a few and THEN come back and make a proper post here! ! ! ! (When you go back to the stoh to buy more, just tell them geeme sent ya!) ;)

Chook? Awesome!

going to dc it tonight yall...ftw! pics coming soon. ive been chopping peppers all day got them in the dehydrator fixing to shred soe pork and see what happens?

c.j.. those wings look awesome!!

dts,,,thats also awesome nice very nice.

here ya go

IMAG0341.jpg

Sic - chop, chop, skyy, skyy, simma, simma, skyy.....can't wait to see the finished product!!!!!!!

What kinda cheez is that?! mmmm....cheeeeez!

Well, corn my pone.

A corn burrito with some pork, topped with walmart chunkynessess? More SKYY! More hhwiskey!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

yup its waly world salsa. you know us poor white trash!

that burrito rocked by the way,it was awesome. ill be having some kinda repeat tonight,got half a butt that still needs dealing with.

Been without internet for a few weeks (and will continue without it until later in the fall) but I still get drunk and cook shit. This won't excite too many of you (egg rolls and fried rice) but the desert is the good part.

Getting ready to roll egg rolls. Stuffed with cabbage, carrots, celery, bean sprouts, and basil.
dk1_ha1yh39skg.jpg

Rolling and frying em:

dk2_if134p8ief.jpg

dk4_2npuek5ks8.jpg

Simple fried rice (red bell pepper, red onion, egg, celery, thai peppers)

dk5_r7fr3vwaoo.jpg

Dinner:

dk6_bek6dxhgj7.jpg

Now for desert! A delicious beer float! Don't knock it until you've tried it. I used Rogue Chocolate Stout and used both chocolate and vanilla ice cream. I highly recommend a dark stout or porter for this. I can't imagine it being less than disgusting with a budweiser or similar beer.

dk7_pof9py97mk.jpg

dk8_6czz9h2kis.jpg

In other news lack of internet access makes me at least 3.9% more productive. Peppers are alive and well. Thai and jalapenos are starting to produce. Hopefully the chinenses will follow.

I like your spice rack.

Oddly enough I hate it. Too hard to find stuff so I actually just built one last weekend but need to sand and finish it. I designed it to hold 12 8oz jars and 12 4oz jars. We go through a lot of spices here and digging around in that rack for them makes me say what's printed on my apron a lot so hopefully the new one will get things organized a little better.

Chocolate Stout floats. Everybody should try one. :cheers:

Props to Dorkasaurus on the submission AND the tshirt ... huge fan of that movie ...

TS Debbie soaking us, my transplants are getting pounded, so we had some chocolate cake shots and threw together something fiery that didn't require a grocery store trip! Auction Bhut's were F'n hot ... so tasty!

PS - included the empty shot glasses for proof this time ...

IMG_2520.jpg

IMG_2522.jpg

IMG_2524.jpg

Back