food The Drunken Chef

dammit these "cake shots" are intriguiing me is it Frangelico and Vaaaahdka? OH and I would definitly scoff that down without blinking

got some deer ground with pork butt and bacon sitting with some garlic,dales,and half a trinadad scorp.. cant decide whether to make burgers or burritos?

got some deer ground with pork butt and bacon sitting with some garlic,dales,and half a trinadad scorp.. cant decide whether to make burgers or burritos?

Don't force it. This is the Drunken Chef. Start wth a big'ol *virgin Bloody Mary or three, and just see what happens.

*Sicman's virgin Bloody Mary=. Solo cup full of SKYY.

We wanted to eat some of the Datils we recently received - and have a cake shot - so we whipped up a pizza ...

IMG_2686.jpg

IMG_2683.jpg

IMG_2682.jpg

They have a great flavor, nice and hot up front, but it fades to normalcy before too long ... nice.

After finding out I needed a new thermostat in the 1.8t ($599), and that I should take care of the water pump and timing belt along with it ($1200), I decided to have the chipping and diverter valve done (so it wasn't all suck and no fun) and have some celebratory cake shots as per the norm in these parts ... we had a couple ea and made a nice curry w/ peppers ... it's summer, so we eat it like a salad instead of w/ rice ... it's a lot healthier, too.

IMG_2688.jpg

IMG_2691.jpg

I can't help but notice two things looking at your post GM, first, you like a lot of the same things I do, and you drink only chocolate cake shots.

I can't help but notice two things looking at your post GM, first, you like a lot of the same things I do, and you drink only chocolate cake shots.

I drink Jägermeister and Patron when out of the house, but it's easier to get the Mrs. to share in the festivities if I submit to cake shots ... which I quite like, regardless ...

If that's true - you love your Aeropress (or need to obtain one stat) ...

I'm not certain but that may be the first salad of any kind in DC.

Not sure how I feelz about it either.

it's the second, i'd already run one through w/o attracting attention =) ... been 95F and hasn't rained in a week ... each night the a/c runs constantly and manages to still miss the target of 74 by a good 3 degrees for the better part of the afternoon and early evening ... once it cools off, the last thing I want is a load of hot food in my belly ... nah ... cake shots and some box o' heath klondikes sounds more like it ...

gm,,,that pizza looks awesome!

thanks, man ... those datils from up north are tasty!

i just ran across the thread from when Scoville was in Florida ... which seems to indicate he was also HERE literally (Sarasota) ...

Scoville - if you are coming back around, do warn in advance so i can rest my liver in advance ...

Since I have figured out my 'puter problems, I have a bunch of foody pics for you tonight. Some from this past week, some from tonight. A lot of RESEARCH going on for my reviews... and a little drankin'.

Back