food The Drunken Chef

I need a vacuum packer, food saver, platic, seal-a-meal, geeme wrapper, thingamajig.

Which kind should I buy? I want one with easily available refills.

:beer:

AJ and me like the Food Saver.

I got mine at Costco for like $79 dollah's. Best money on a kitchen appliance I ever spent.

Or you could use what G uses on her wine glass.

Or you could use what G uses on her wine glass.

I already have one of those! I want the "plug into the outlet" model.

I'm gonna google 'Food Saver' and buy the first thing that comes up.

I love shopping from my bed!

Coffee + Whiskey = awesome way to start a Saturday AM.

Scovie you just reminded me that I have pics of salmon smokage I took before I went to Austin.

Reckon I'll post them in the bbq thread this afternoon.

mrs. blues is DEMANDING her In-N-Out fix for lunch.

Who am I to deny her?

They are all stepping stones - eventually you want => http://amzn.com/B003YE8FG0

Otherwise you can't seal liquid marinades ... which is where I'm at ... the 3rd year of wanting ...

In other news, Danielle didn't shoot pictures of the pot roast prep ... even though I opened up a cheap bottle of moscato for her w/o a corkscrew ...

4c7ebdef.jpg

and since Imma biggun ...

de7492d0.jpg

and then another, this time w/ some grub ...

5df88702.jpg

Every now and then I like something that's not spicy, and pot roast from the SC is one of my fav's ...

I have the Food Saver from Costco as well. Works great for what I do. And they have canisters and other things like vacum marinade boxes that you can add (or it might come with it depending on the package you buy). Just make sure to buy the model that has hose attachment capability. And NEVER put those canisters in the freezer. I think I ruined one doing that.

You and me both, man ...

Plotting a round of hot a$$ chili from the pressure cooker later though, want to use some of these thick/shiny Butch T's from Rich ...

do it up. we made some chili the other night with bhuts,scorps,jalos,habs,and cayennes. it is nice :P we still have a bunch in the freezer ive been making nachos everyday. i love chili!!

do it up. we made some chili the other night with bhuts,scorps,jalos,habs,and cayennes. it is nice :P we still have a bunch in the freezer ive been making nachos everyday. i love chili!!

I'm going to make a bit of a production out of it, I guess, based on what I picked up at the store to make it ... and it's going to be HOT, because I'm dying for HOT ...

737249ee.jpg

So I've started preparing ...

3548cc88.jpg

Damm dude. I want that cheese.

And I don't want that SC and Pepsi. I didn't know they sold SC to people over the age of 25.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Damm dude. I want that cheese.

And I don't want that SC and Pepsi. I didn't know they sold SC to people over the age of 25.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I feel the same way, which is why I'm on a solo mission to kill the bottle and get it off the bottom shelf of the fridge door (where it's been for like two years) ...

Let this forewarn you that I need to kill a handle of Kahlua for the same reason, so I can forecast a run on white russians - better add half and half to the grocery list <g> ...

HHwhiskey will help with the Kahlua slaughter :)

Aight, This is a continuation of last nights DC.

I cut the 2.6 lb slab of Sockey in half for brining. I wanted to cut those into 1-1/2" strips before smoking, but SL stopped by and distracted me.
It's all good tho, I got a hug. hahahahaha

I don't remember if I posted this last night, but the brine was:

2 qts water
8 oz. Salt
3/4 C brown shugah
1 Trinidad Scorpion Sliced

BOOM! Smoked at 225&ordm; for a while, seemed like forever. 3 hrs maybe?

5df83919.jpg

a77e6352.jpg

9baf06aa.jpg

Scov that looks perfectly smoked!

When you see that creamy spooge just starting to ooze out in that pic its time to yank it.

And you did.

We need more details though.

What did you eat it with?

I whip cream scheese, capers, and lemon zest and loosen it up with just a little cream and then fold in pieces of the smoked salmon. I try not to break up the fish too much as I like the spread to be a little on the chunky side.

On crackers or on a bagel, the stuff is better than uncut Peruvian blow!!

What did you eat it with?

Our fingers! lol

Hahaha Thanks TB, smoking Salmon is the only thing I know how to smoke. I have never smoked anything but Salmon.
I have never owned a proper smoker before, so that part was kinda new, and roasts and wings and such are brand new for me.
The other new aspect is the Super Hot factor, 1 whole T Scorp wasn't quite enough for me, but like a stair case, work your way up!
Back when we lived on the rock, I made my smoker with a Metal Garbage can, some refrigerator racks from the dump, and an electric burner.
I had that down pat! and I mostly cold smoked the Salmon, a different game altogether.
Back then the only smokers were the 'Big Chief' or Lil Chief, you probably remember them, an aluminum box that was like $70. No way Jose!

I was thinking some Pasta, but it's too hot for all that, CJ will work her Juju with something very similar to what you got goin on ^ up there.
Totally agree, I don't want no stinkin "Salmon Ball" a friggen Pink ball of schizzz. (although I'd still eat the heck out of it).
Yeah! big chunks man! On a baguette slice on the bias, toasted with a basil leaf and maybe a slice of garden tomato.
PNW Caprese! Crack, Heroine, Blow, AND hhwiskey all rolled up in to one... hahahaha

Dude I've worn out 5 or 6 Big Chiefs and am now on my 6th Mini-Chief. When the element wears out I just go buy another whole brand new unit.

Hope that garbage can wasn't one of the old galvanized kind. That stuff can bite chu.

Pasta? A fettuccine alfredo with smoked salmon is a thang of beauty.

And a smoked salmon salad with capers will make you throw all your canned tuna away.

Enjoy the hell out of that beautifully smoked fish!

Muchas Gracias. yep, it was galvanized. that might explain this twiching.
I seasoned it with a small cedar fire. ? ah well. 15 years ago...

How much are you paying for the chief these days?

Back