food The Drunken Chef

grantmichaels said:
Back when ...

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422676659.539880.jpg

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422676669.779311.jpg

I feel like these originated w/ TB - but it might have been CJ, actually ...

I mighta' been the first to posty up about 'em but the origin is The Peanut Farm on Old Seward in Anchorage.

Turns out to be good times, though I thought the same thing ...

I think I ended up having a two-layer derivative using Rumplmintze (sp?) later on, though ...

The Dong Shot.

We've got so much snow here I lost my dogs in it, and the only thing to do when there is a blizzard is drink, play sega genesis, and watch Schwarzenegger and/or Stallone movies (sorry y'all not an American Football fan).
FsOxc8N.jpg

I infused bourbon with orange peel, cherries, and cloves a while back, its fantastic in coffee.   I took a break from vegetarianism today and made some ropa vieja, arroz congri, and tostones.  Here's some prep this morning.
X1Tw0Tm.jpg

I cooked the ropa vieja for 12 hours in a crock pot.  Prepped everything last night.  Crock pots make day drinking/cooking so much easier.
Here's the final product with some cuba libres. 
ZCMmSV9.jpg

The ropa vieja and the rice are both seasoned with JustAGuy's smoked powder. I am slightly addicted to it, I even tried to put it in chocolate cake that I baked last night. 

Good Lord and have mercy!

Rawk rippin'and ropin' it up!

Sorry about the snow.

I'm take a dip in the hot tub in your honor for you and your winter suffering.

And the dogs look like they're havin' fun too!

WHOA!

I lurve ropa vieja, and tostones thin as crepes gotta try that!!!! You musta been mad at 'em lol!!!

The Hot Pepper said:
WHOA!

I lurve ropa vieja, and tostones thin as crepes gotta try that!!!! You musta been mad at 'em lol!!!

Yessir.

Those tostones look like they're pounded down hot blue and righteous.

Waiting for SoFlo approval though.

Those. Guys.

Rawkstah said:
We've got so much snow here I lost my dogs in it, and the only thing to do when there is a blizzard is drink, play sega genesis, and watch Schwarzenegger and/or Stallone movies (sorry y'all not an American Football fan).

I infused bourbon with orange peel, cherries, and cloves a while back, its fantastic in coffee.   I took a break from vegetarianism today and made some ropa vieja, arroz congri, and tostones.  Here's some prep this morning.

I cooked the ropa vieja for 12 hours in a crock pot.  Prepped everything last night.  Crock pots make day drinking/cooking so much easier.
Here's the final product with some cuba libres. 

The ropa vieja and the rice are both seasoned with JustAGuy's smoked powder. I am slightly addicted to it, I even tried to put it in chocolate cake that I baked last night. 

I would have eaten that today. Looks delicious. Also that storm is sitting over us now.

The Hot Pepper said:
WHOA!

My ex's mom was off the boat from haiti and thats where I learned that lil trick. You gotta fry them once. Squish em. Then fry em again. Serve with some garlic salted olive oil.

This was really hard to type.

This is just beginning, when preparing you see the booze.

Now baking very slowly so the meat is tender, after are cut in slices and crumbles, add beer and more.

Then boiled in broth half hour where add the flavor before serving

Not be any meat! Only can shank, here is one piece, but they have divided in 2 there. You can use any of two

Los%2520Cortes_page3_image1.jpg

Croatian real recipe uses a whole leg of beef, 25 kg of meat that are, But those cuts are the tastiest and fibrous. You get the same result.

Although you can use other parts. something will get, but I'm sure will be firmer and less fibrous

Back