food The Drunken Chef

The Hot Pepper said:
WHOA delicious looking pulled pork. Hey now, are you leaving larger pulls? Cuz that be lookin' just how I like. I remember when I commented once on your Cuban sandwich that you had shredded it more than my liking, you said you like it more shredded. Just curious cuz that looks perfect to me. Nice size shreds. Moist. Bark. Boom!

Naw, nothin' to do with you THP. We just didn't go OCD on pulling this time. Different song on the radio this eve.

I wasn't taking credit LOL!

I was just asking since I've seen you shred it up way more. I like the caveman pull when it's cooked perfect and falls apart, you don't need to do much work, just some pulls and twists and leave some hunks. Looks good!

grantmichaels said:
I'm planning to have them on hand as backup, just in case! ...

I have a small block of your beloved Tillamook cheddar and some sodium citrate around, and some stella artois and blue moon left from company, I think, too ...

I saw the sliders in your thread, but wondered if you have had time to play with the sodium citrate to make your own cheese slices yet ?    It is one of the things I really want to give a try if I can find a local source for the sodium citrate.  I wonder how much  powders could be added in to the mix and still still have a melty slice. 

Ashen said:

I saw the sliders in your thread, but wondered if you have had time to play with the sodium citrate to make your own cheese slices yet ?    It is one of the things I really want to give a try if I can find a local source for the sodium citrate.  I wonder how much  powders could be added in to the mix and still still have a melty slice. 

Let me be dumb. Are you talking about sour salt? Basically citirc acid. I'm all about getting better cheese. Learn me..

Looks that way.

I picked up some from modernist pantry, along w/ the sodium hexametaphosphate, and I think I might also have bought some from MIA a couple of years ago (Wilpowder) too, actually ...

I believe it might have been part of the spherification stuff we played with briefly a while back ...

There's going to be a bunch of that stuff here, soon, but I haven't decided where I'm going to post it.

No worries. I think I got it. Good times.

We also have it to clean the Zojirushi water boiler/dispenser, but I'm thinking that's not really "food grade" ...

Sorry. I didn't get the point of where you were going. The reason I bought powder was because I wanted to be sure I didn't ruin nice cheese. Also, I don't normally keep fresh lemons (limes, yes). But by all means do rock it out w/ some lemon juice, I like a good hack as much as the next guy.

Research those powders. Some of that shizzle you can buy in your grocery store. It's just named under something you wouldn't think. I'm all about life hacking the world. Trust. I'm on your side.

Namaste

I don't use tree sweater knitting terminology often, but when i do, you best damn well know I'm recognizing your soul.

Short of polyphasic sleeping, time is the scarcest commodity here (for me). In a lot of cases it's more sound for me to keep chugging at working and order things in. Danielle is starting to learn to do the cad/cam though, so I'll be spending more and more time in the future doing things that I like. But for now, time is my enemy above all else ...

Back