food The Drunken Chef

grantmichaels said:
Short of polyphasic sleeping, time is the scarcest commodity here (for me). In a lot of cases it's more sound for me to keep chugging at working and order things in. Danielle is starting to learn to do the cad/cam though, so I'll be spending more and more time in the future doing things that I like. But for now, time is my enemy above all else ...

There are very few here that would understand that. I speak AutoCad. Fluent. PM me when you feel out of sorts. I'll have you "surfing edges" in no time.

WTF! I'm in The Drunckinsssss Chefs talking hi-brow architecture shit. Slap me.

my understanding is that sodium citrate is a product of a reaction of  citric acid and a base  and not just equivalent to citric acid in this application.. Supposedly you can hack your own with a simple reaction using citric acid and baking soda though..     The towards the bottom of this link  is a vid about high tech melty cheese.   http://www.modernistpantry.com/sodium-citrate.html

Best if we move this out of THIS thread, especially ;)

Come over!

sure thing..   don't want to dirty up the drunk kitchen with powders and such .. lol.. offering of a shot and a beer to appease the Drunken Powers

kiQGbxa.jpg

Yea boss, bigger chunks. 
When a boston butt is done right, you just loosely pull the damn thing into hunks and slap it on a plate. 
Sauce afterwards...or not. It was really good! 

The simplicity of just salt and hickory smoke on the pork was great. I like a good rub too, but I think I like it this way even better. 

It made the Busch Light taste so good! 

I love cooking with beer. Beer curry sounds dope! Rogan josh is a fave of mine too.

U da man!

EDIT: If I misread that, I'm trying beer curry anyway!

SumOfMyBits said:
Lookin' good P2K. Was that the jar, or the packet mix?

It was the Jar.......and it was me......and it was dark.......and I've never been able to stop touching it.....

....or at least that's what my high school counselor told me.

Because my asst. had an emergency pull him out of town, we doubled down last night and today, and I won't have to work Monday now ...

I'm going to DC something for the game, since I can shrug it off Monday ...

I haven't had a duck fart in a few years, so it's likely to go that way, I think ...

I'm sad for this thread ...

grantmichaels said:
Because my asst. had an emergency pull him out of town, we doubled down last night and today, and I won't have to work Monday now ...

I'm going to DC something for the game, since I can shrug it off Monday ...

I haven't had a duck fart in a few years, so it's likely to go that way, I think ...

I'm sad for this thread ...

Had To Goggle WTF a Duck fart  was. Sounds interesting. Like the sound of a Moose fart as well. 

Back