• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Drunken Chef

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch of Las Vegas. I had picked up some beautiful chix I wanted to deep fry but soon discovered I didn't have enough oil. Why not just drive down to the local grub store and buy it you ask? BECAUSE I WAS PISS DRUNK!! Alrighty then. I grab the bottle of Hornitos tequila and ready myself to begin the destruction. I fire up the cast iron dutch oven and just start throwing stuff in. Olive oil. Garilc. Julieanned shallot. Chix thighs. Gets a little blurry here but I somehow managed to debone the thighs without chopping off my leg but then all good cooks should be able to pull that off. The vast majority of experienced kitchen rats and riffraff cook much better after a bottle of wine or three. Those of you reading this keep that little kitchen tip in mind, especially when family from out of town is around. If the wife is chewing your ass the next day for your drunken lewd and lascivious behavior in the kitchen the previous night, then you know you must have made a helluva meal and did it right.

Continuing on, I soon missplaced my shot glass and decided to dispensed with it all together. Why should tequila have to go through a middleman anyway. Liquors quicker straight from the bottle. I discovered I had a stash of dried pequins from last season and bada bing bada boom in they went. Same with some forlorn looking button mushrooms. Whirring and stirring with a spoon in one hand and the bottle of firewater in the other, why not deglaze the pan with tequila? Excellent idea! Might as well get rid of the rest of the hab salsa I made the other day. In that goes, adios baby! Add some seasalt and cracked black pepper. Whir and stir. Taste. It tastes like burning. Nice.

Somehow during this culinary rampage I managed to take a few pics.

The beginning of the end...

0230.jpg

I think this was chicken..

0228.jpg

Stewing in its own juices, just like me..

0231.jpg

I can't be sure but I think I ate it with tortilla's but who can say. This morning as I looked at the devastation in the Blues Kitchen I reckoned that were I to detonate a hundred pounds of C4
in the middle of it I would only cause about $21.47 worth of damage. Mrs. Blues was not amused but and well acquainted with my late night shenanigans. Ahhh marital bliss.

Now that I have started this thread, I call on all you THP drunks, sots, and gin blossomed heathens to keep it going. Pics are mandatory and it goes without saying that rule number one is...YOU MUST BE DRUNK WHEN COOKING!!

So get the divorce papers ready, get your favorite bottle of liquid stupid and get cookin' ya'll!

Cheers, TB.

Ok. Rochefort 10 is my new favourite beer and deserves all the praise! Too bad i had to buy it a bit far and an on expensive place, but it's absolutely worth it! It's that good!
Also, i like its label, simple but elegant.

IMG20181005174429844.jpg

Also i used only those Jalapeno Brown, but they were hotter than usual (and they are hotter than they are supposed to be).

IMG20181005195013482.jpg

First half

IMG20181005202117838.jpg

Second half

IMG20181005195701803.jpg

Torta salata with radicchio, ricotta and speck.

IMG20181005213416456.jpg

Half okonomiyaki with cheese, pepper and self made okonomiyaki sauce (cheapass: ketchup, soy sauce, worchester and for error some mayo).

IMG20181005215702652.jpg

Chocolate salami, but with white chocolate. That is awesome! Looks cheap and has enough calories to run NY City for 1 year... But it's so good....

IMG20181005215835549.jpg

That was a strange rum ideed! Very sweet! Probably not for rum conoisseurs, but it was good indeed!

IMG20181006010012362.jpg

Some raisins aged 5 and half months on an old brandy.

Ashen said:
Guess what I picked up today? :)

Probably break into it on Sunday.

attachicon.gif
_20181013_004204.JPG
Great! I am curious to see what you think about that!

I've tried a couple of more beers...
Saison Dupont: it's a really good beer, just not for me.

And that one:
IMG20181015160934948.jpg

Oh, now that's awesome, one of the most particular and best i had, with a vinegar taste that is surprisingly fitting!

wheebz said:
I HAD SOME OF THAT!!!

Literally out of that 4 pack in your house

Jay came to visit the big dry ditch.

When I lived there.

Back in the day of the white buffalo.

And sabre tooth.

I kina' sorta' 'member.

Giving him one to take home.

But he might have stole it.

We drank many beers that day.

It started off at Lee's Discount Liquor.

Two shopping carts full of beer.

Booze.

Hallucinations.

Out the door.

Into my Hummer.

And back to The Blues Kitchen.

It was pure debauchery.

We cooked.

We ate.

We drank.

Like military on payday.

mrs. blues had to drive Jay back to his hotel.

I went along.

I think it was the Flamingo.

But not totally sure.

We dropped him off.

I went home and fell into a coma.

Jay took a shower.

And then partied some more.

Looks like you forgot when wheebz came by :lol:

Back