• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

"...the funny thing is, I actually miss working..."

I "get" you Omri...but all you can do is enjoy the ride while it lasts...

You know, the grass is always greener on the other side. I get so bored to all hell on a two week vacation that i can't WAIT to get back to work, yet all year long at work(at all 3 of my jobs) i can't WAIT for my time off so i can do nothing. Go figure. So yeah, AJ does have some sage advice(as always) about enjoying it while you can.

Vacations mean having to actually plan things and do them. That cuts into my quality beer time. Vacations are overrated. Now if its a fishing trip....well that's different.

Hey TB, havent you ever heard of a "staycation"? I perfected those things over 12 years ago here, when people started asking me where i was going on my vacations and i told them i was going to "ride my couch for a week".

Sickmont said:
Hey TB, havent you ever heard of a "staycation"? I perfected those things over 12 years ago here, when people started asking me where i was going on my vacations and i told them i was going to "ride my couch for a week".

So you don't plan to use your vacation for travel any time soon?:rolleyes:

I get it, Omri.

It feels weird to go to work and not work. Its boring. ya feel useless.

I spent all of my summer vacations as a kid on the couch reading and eating ice cream. when I was seventeen, I worked for a month and a half and got really ill, spent the better part of a month in the hospital and another four months not doing much of anything...I wanted to be in school. I could read and eat ice cream all day if I wanted- but it just wasnt the same. I was supposed to be in school.

I'm with you too Omri.
Chris Rock sums it up in discussing a job versus a career. If you're lucky, you find something to do with your life that you love doing, so of course you're going to miss it when you're not doing it.

I know where your coming from Omri...almost 2 years back I injured my neck pretty bad and need an operation...they put me on shit light duties doing nothing really......I like to work hard so as not to get bored....so instead of walkin around all day scratching my bum...I quit

Back