food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

Using these may make your dough as thin as you like

roll09.JPG

I rather like flour. Here not customary to eat tacos, nobody prepares tacos, burritos, quesadillas, etc.. Argentinos (few people) eat only eat at Mexican restaurants, but not spicy. Here people hates spicy.

I'm loving the Mexican and American food, and is part of my diet. They are very different flavors than usual here. Here is mostly Mediterranean cuisine.

When do try tacos friends, they become addicted. But most can not tolerate spicy ... For my non-spicy, bland thing.

Brands bakeries are doing great campaigns toortillas to enter the Argentine market but not much success, publish recipes .... But people put cold cuts of ham, cheese and eat well. Puajjjjjjjjjjjjj

Scoville DeVille said:
Raw flour tortilla. What a waste.

The steak and avo filling looks good tho.
It is not raw, just not burned....notice the far back crust on the edge. It was a tad cold outside....

1962747_10201385086053495_443187273_n.jpg

It was chimichurri btw

Dude that steak taco with chimi looks awesome!!!! Nice job!

almost makes me I could leave the warmth of Miami and be magically whisked away to...Delaware...

Hi. I'm in Delaware...

JayT said:
Aww poor baby has two inches of snow on the ground... :lol:
We didn't get much, 5 inches of snow
frydad4 said:

almost makes me I could leave the warmth of Miami and be magically whisked away to...Delaware...

Hi. I'm in Delaware...
Thanks! I am addicted to those damn things!

frydad4 said:

Hi. I'm in Delaware...
 You sir are lying out yo' ass.

The chimi meat taco is good but I ain't no kine'o' stupido to leave SoFlo or TX this time of year to get it.

It was 19 degrees this morning here in N. Texas.

Screw them cold northern states.

I make tacos of all kinds for us.  Steak tacos, ground beef tacos, fish tacos, shrimp tacos, hard tacos, soft tacos.  You name it we will stuff it in a flour or corn tortilla and eat it.  We live in central Texas, what do you expect.  I really don't remember how these came about last week.... :drunk:   

What all is on there you ask?  Cilantro lime rice, bbq'd jerk chicken, bbq'd bacon, bbq'd jalepeno sausage, fried chicken strip, pan fried jalepeno slices, mango habanero sauce, shredded cheddar and Mrs. Renfro's Ghost Pepper Queso.  A fine dinning taco delight  :dance:

Have mercy.

That taco is dadgum MONEY!

The flour tore tillah', the queso, and all the fixin's make it pure Tex-Mex sex on a plate.

Queso must be in every true Texans DNA I reckon.

Why just the other day I fell down and cut my knee and queso squirted out.

That's where the phrase "licking your wounds" came from.

True story.

texas blues said:
Have mercy.

That taco is dadgum MONEY!

The flour tore tillah', the queso, and all the fixin's make it pure Tex-Mex sex on a plate.

Queso must be in every true Texans DNA I reckon.

Why just the other day I fell down and cut my knee and queso squirted out.

That's where the phrase "licking your wounds" came from.

True story.

Thanks.  My wife called them franken-tacos, but ate the sheeit out of them.  The Wild Turkey was the inspiration of the queso.  I asked myself "does this thing need more cheese?"  and theTurkey answered "hell yeah, it needs queso!"  And sadly the flour tortillas weren't homemade, they were from our local H.E.B. which has a little Mexican lady who makes them fresh.  A good sub when I'm too lazy or busy to make mine (or too  :drunk: .)

The Count said:
Thanks.  My wife called them franken-tacos, but ate the sheeit out of them.  The Wild Turkey was the inspiration of the queso.  I asked myself "does this thing need more cheese?"  and theTurkey answered "hell yeah, it needs queso!"  And sadly the flour tortillas weren't homemade, they were from our local H.E.B. which has a little Mexican lady who makes them fresh.  A good sub when I'm too lazy or busy to make mine (or too  :drunk: .)

Sweet.

All Texans tend to look at food and wonder the same 'thang.

"I bet that would be even better with queso on it,"

Most of the stores in Texas I reckon now have tortilla factoria's .

The local Kroger which is the only store around unless I want to drive for 40 minutes has a goodern',

They make flour tortillas made with butter. 

Okay probably not real butter but chemicals.

But damn they smell and taste incredible.

I quite buying them because they're so addictive like crack and soooo bad for you.

They even have salsa flavored torts too.

God only knows what's in 'em.

I'm sure they're like Peruvian flake to a cocaine addict.

On another note....a new HEB is being built in Frisco only 20 minutes away.

YAY!

Back