• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The General Taco thread. All things taco.

So, I've been wandering around the site trying to find a general taco thread. I'm sure it exists but the only thing I ran across was taco tuesdays and tex mex. I have tacos whenever I can. To hell with Tuesdays! So this is a thread to post your badass tacos. Recipe or not. Just put up a pic. All tacos welcome.

My dinner
slow cooked, dry rubbed, and smoked pork shoulder shredded and built with some of Salsa Lady's Chipotle BBQ!

texas blues said:
But I love thin crust!

Cooked in a pan is all cool and the gang too.

Gorgonzola?

Gorgonzola and roasted garlic are a punch in the face.

I love it.

That scratchamahbuttufuco stuff you mentioned I don't know.

I don't know what that stuff is.

Dumb 'merican.
I absolutely second gorgonzola and garlic!
Squacquerone is a very creamy and liquid cheese... Stracchino is similar but squacquerone is rarer and better. It's a bit sour, salty with a strong taste (depends on quality... There's crescenza, but i don't know that a lot, i just know they're similar).
Here i used it: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31275-the-general-taco-thread-all-things-taco/page-20#entry969253
Of all piadine/taco/callwhatyouwant i've posted here that one is the best hands down (it's probably the most classic piadina recipe crudo di Parma, arugola and squacquerone. With stracchino and an average prosciutto crudo is still awesome).

Essegi said:
Pizza piadina here. I thought about it yesterday because i did want pizza...

iQJSHYQMLQI9x.jpg

Buffalo mozz is the best on pizza...

Ummm.....TB's right. It's pizza. The chef (Essegi) declares it so...!

(and it looks awesome, Ess!! As always!!!)

Somebody mention tacos?

This one's for Fitty.

Fish is up sky high at the sto'.

$12.99 a pound for this mahi mahi. 

The lane snapper I've lovin' long time lately jumped 5 bucks a pound to $14.99.

What in the hail is goin' on Margot?

Screw it.

Bought the mahi mahi anyhow. 

See that line of funkness on the line just left of center? 

There's a couple bigass bones in there so just cut that whole line out.

Pieced the fish out and gave it a ranch dressing facial and then dredged in 50/50 AP/corn flour and into Black Betty.

For these flour torts I just nukedem' for 10 seconds to warm them up and then slapped on some super

shaved shredded red cabbage, the mahi and my new favorite splooge.

Jalapeno crema puts this simple fish taco into "date night" territory.

Yeah its that good.

The splooge?

You ain't gonna' 'bleed this....

1/2 bottle Tabby Green, 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic, and about 2/3 cup of regular thick 'merican style sour cream.

That's it. 

Whir and stir that sheeit up and pump it into a cheapass plastic squeeze bottle.

In about 10 minutes every cougar in the neighborhood will be knockin' on your door.

True story.

Chris - that pic is so clear and close I thought the cheese was french fries which got me to thinkin' that thats not a bad idea either 

Diggin' the fish taco TB - I like to grill marinated Cod for tacos and a chipotle lime dressing with the usual foo foo 

Dang Nate.

That is a bigass burrito size taco!

Interestingly too is that the most appealing tacos in this thread, at least to me, and even with my bias towards seafood, 

are the taco's done american style with ground beef.

For some reason it just works. 

Like when you cook the beef down in the pan with onions and garlic and then hit it with a big wad of chile powder

and are rewarded with the reddish/orange beginnings of sexy grease.

Maybe also that we crave them is thats how most of us grew up eating tacos.

Old school crispy shells and ground beef.

Dear sweet ma made them a helluva' lot better than Taco Bell ever did though.

Back