• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The General Taco thread. All things taco.

So, I've been wandering around the site trying to find a general taco thread. I'm sure it exists but the only thing I ran across was taco tuesdays and tex mex. I have tacos whenever I can. To hell with Tuesdays! So this is a thread to post your badass tacos. Recipe or not. Just put up a pic. All tacos welcome.

My dinner
slow cooked, dry rubbed, and smoked pork shoulder shredded and built with some of Salsa Lady's Chipotle BBQ!

I was in my old stomping grounds the Outer Banks of NC and the local fish mongers get all the goodies! I usually should spear the sheepshead but this time I bought some since the waves were so good from Bertha and no chance of spear fishing. The pico and corn/bean salsa both had a ton of lime so no need for extra! 

Farting is hip...

JayT said:
You ambien posting again TB?

texas blues said:
I use other sleep aids now.

Jay he switched to the wacky weed awhillllle ago. You can actually see the switch, I don't even understand him anymore. :lol:

ad5fc9fe30785a2cc14cd7f028b063df.jpg

Chicken Avocado tacos with cillantro lime sauce!

That's bangin'!

Is that a crema?

VC I'd hit that like a pinata stuffed with Vegas hookers and Peruvian blow.

Looks galdern' goodern' hell!

And it makes me jealous too.

Avo' in the store have been crap lately and Ima' jonesin' hard for some guac.

Big hunks of avocado on those tacos work for me.

Scoville DeVille said:
Yeah VC that's what I'm talkin about. Simple and delicious looking.

I saw this at Hank's yesterday and it came home with me.
It will never see lettuce I'm sure, but there will be fish taco juices running down my arm in the very near future.

attachicon.gif
104_7079.JPG

Got dang Scovalingus.

Litehouse and Marie's dressings are Texas staples.

I do prefer Marie's as its a little more 'natchel n' sheeit (whom I kidding? They both make ranch dressing which is chemically similar to eating laundry detergent) but I'd love to try that 'ern.

Funny I ain't seen that flavor down here in Tejas.

TB likey.

Thanks, everyone!

Recipe for the Cilantro Lime Sauce:

1 Cup cilantro, chopped fine
1 cup mayo
1 cup plain greek yogurt
1 tablespoon oilive oil
couple pinches of salt
couple punches of black pepper
2 limes, juiced

Blend it to oblivion, chill and enjoy on freakin' EVERYTHING

texas blues said:

Got dang Scovalingus.

Litehouse and Marie's dressings are Texas staples.

I do prefer Marie's as its a little more 'natchel n' sheeit (whom I kidding? They both make ranch dressing which is chemically similar to eating laundry detergent) but I'd love to try that 'ern.

Funny I ain't seen that flavor down here in Tejas.

TB likey.

Hank's has all the newest cool stuff.  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I have not yet come across cotija cheese, but I really want to find it and utilize it! One thing I have been using recently is jicama. It is so refreshing and goes great on tacos along with fresh shredded cabbage and jalapenos. Tacos are my favorite thing to make. Almost always make the shells from scratch and fry them in peanut oil :) If I don't, we get tortillas and fry them or grill them

Back