• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The General Taco thread. All things taco.

So, I've been wandering around the site trying to find a general taco thread. I'm sure it exists but the only thing I ran across was taco tuesdays and tex mex. I have tacos whenever I can. To hell with Tuesdays! So this is a thread to post your badass tacos. Recipe or not. Just put up a pic. All tacos welcome.

My dinner
slow cooked, dry rubbed, and smoked pork shoulder shredded and built with some of Salsa Lady's Chipotle BBQ!

LEFTOVERS! Sometimes leftovers taste a litlle better the next day. This time I fried some flour tortillas in a little avocado oil.  And sorry about the lighting in all the pics. It's a little dark up in here.

034_zpsf1fe436a.jpg

041_zpseb67a1de.jpg

lucilanga said:
Nate, what the hell is going on with your flash ?

It looks awesome, just put a light on it, will ya ?

That black mass still scares me!
That black mass is roasted salsa that got roasted more than usually but tastes real good. I put way too much on there though.

Texas Blues, have you visited Torchy's Tacos? My friend in Round Rock, TX
sent me this link to their new promotion and some of these look quite yummy.

http://torchystacos.com/news/somelikeithot-menu/

"The heat is on! All month long, we’re challenging taco junkies to earn the burn with our scorchin’ Taco of the Month promotion - Some Like it Hot. With each week in August comes a new spice-infused, flavor-filled taco, and another chance to earn’ some serious braggin’ rights. Either ya’ eat the taco, or the taco eats you."

The Chingon Margarita looks like it'd be up your alley as well.

So awesome Nate, to see a tortilla treated with the love and respect it deserves.

Not, right-out-of-the-package-and-load-stuff-on-it type of taco. mmmmmmmmm

Well done señor!!!

Oh yeah those look good, the Navajo frybread tacos, never had one.

I thought NYC was the mecca for all foods? That does it, you have to come out here for the fair.

We also have an Indian suicide race to watch.

robbie said:
Texas Blues, have you visited Torchy's Tacos? My friend in Round Rock, TX
sent me this link to their new promotion and some of these look quite yummy.

http://torchystacos.com/news/somelikeithot-menu/

"The heat is on! All month long, we’re challenging taco junkies to earn the burn with our scorchin’ Taco of the Month promotion - Some Like it Hot. With each week in August comes a new spice-infused, flavor-filled taco, and another chance to earn’ some serious braggin’ rights. Either ya’ eat the taco, or the taco eats you."

The Chingon Margarita looks like it'd be up your alley as well.

Si senor!

Torchy's is the sheeit.

There's one in Allen about an hour away but its always packed.

My favorite is the one on S. 1st. in Austin.

Whenever I go down to see my dear sweet ma who lives in Georgetown, Torchy's is the first joint I hit up.

My favorite is the Baja Shrimp followed by the Dirty Sanchez, and the Deep Fried Avocado. 

The deep fried avo taco will cream your drawers!

And their queso rocks HARD!

I will also say that Torchy's is really a gringo/gabacho hippy hipster joint.

You won't find many Mexicans eating there.

I find the food awesomely flavorful but not really spicy.

I can't imagine that their new "hot" menu items are really all that hot.

It matters not.

Its a cool joint with good food and good folks hangin' out.

Last time there was with mrs. blues and missylou out on the patio.

Loved it.

Nice Sic!!
For some reason, I think tacos EXACTLY HOW YOU DID THEM are the food I can eat the most of. 
I just start and don't stop. Till we run out of shells and the kids are fighting!

For everything else, I don't really eat much....just a normal serving. 

TB - I pegged that place as a Texas hipster taco joint (we have some similar ones in the Orlando area)...but the menu looks awesome!!!

Here's one thing Texas does better than anyone else...Putting leftover BBQ on breakfast sandwiches. 
It's really one of my favorite things to do when I go visit my family in the sticks northwest of Houston. 
Biscuits, tacos, burritos, eggs and bbq, salsa and/or bbq sauce, and ALWAYS pickled 'penos w onions & carrots. 
(Torchy's does that too!!)

frydad4 said:
Nice Sic!!
For some reason, I think tacos EXACTLY HOW YOU DID THEM are the food I can eat the most of. 
I just start and don't stop. Till we run out of shells and the kids are fighting!

For everything else, I don't really eat much....just a normal serving. 

TB - I pegged that place as a Texas hipster taco joint (we have some similar ones in the Orlando area)...but the menu looks awesome!!!

Here's one thing Texas does better than anyone else...Putting leftover BBQ on breakfast sandwiches. 
It's really one of my favorite things to do when I go visit my family in the sticks northwest of Houston. 
Biscuits, tacos, burritos, eggs and bbq, salsa and/or bbq sauce, and ALWAYS pickled 'penos w onions & carrots. 
(Torchy's does that too!!)

I reckon the whole breakfast taco 'thang started somewhere south of the Rio Grande in parts unknown but somehow

Texans were the first to embrace it and then let it spread across the country.

Now you'll find them in most southern states and Fitty you sir are 'zackly right!

Leftover bbq, fajita's, and whatever else you got, thow' it all on a taco with eggs, picante', sour cream, pickled

'peno's and whatever else whatchoo' got.

I don't reckon though y'all in SoFlo though don't have a similar but slightly differnt' approach to it.

Balls deep Cuban style with black beans, croquetta's, shredded pork mojo, and eggs is one way.

The other is this.

What bbq and beef is to Texas is what grouper, mahi mahi, snapper, shrimp, conch, is to SoFlo.

I could see the official SoFlo breakfast fish taco with eggs and black beans with any of the above fish.

I've eaten many a breakfast of fish tacos.

Sometimes left over shrimp and egg tacos.

Have mercy.

I'm swooning......

frydad4 said:
The problem is that there's never any leftover mahi. 

We eat it all. 

Always.

It's so f**king good!!

I'm verklempt.

I need a tissue.

And some hot tartar sauce.

And lime wedges.

Chris that fish looks perfectly cooked.

Did you catch the sheepy?

Never seen them in the store for sale.

And I'd pay 5 dollah's for one Mexican lime to squeeze on those tacos.

Wait a minute.

Those beans on there will make you fart.

But when you do I wonder if the fart will smell like frying fish.

I reckon I think about sheeit like that because its important to society and the world at large.

Back