food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

I always cook my steak whole for fajitas and then slice.  I like it more on the rare side so that is the only way to get it that way and get the crust.  Hmm. . I guess I was unknowingly doing it right. :lol:

Nice wraps TB.

JayT said:
I always cook my steak whole for fajitas and then slice.  I like it more on the rare side so that is the only way to get it that way and get the crust.  Hmm. . I guess I was unknowingly doing it right. :lol:

Nice wraps TB.

Jay knows fajitas.

Trust.

I know this.

So what was the movie you directed? why you skirting the issue? You are the one that brought it up.

Im just curious.

I mean I could bring up the time i was kid-napped but I wont because you guys would want info.. You fucters dont know everything you think you do, do you? :rofl:

Fuct all tacos amd the horse they rode in on.

Siccy's been drinkin' again. Wait…. is that old news?  ;)
Something I've told you before - I was an impromptu leg model in a movie not too long ago. The movie was in a film festival. But I couldn't tell you the name of the movie to save my life. I never even saw it. It would take only one call for me to find the name of that movie and even watch it, but it's just not that important to me. So, you know, it might not be that he's skirting the issue, just that he's on to other things. 

The Hot Pepper said:
Except when he makes chicken fajitas you tell him they are not fajitas.  :lol:

Oh stop it.

I concede that the industry has recognized shrimp and chicken as "fajitas".

Even Robb Walsh (THE authority on Tex-Mex cooking) interviewed the authentic early Tex-Mex guys and they said

it was just that people wanted that style and i.e. they ceded to the whole fajita nomenclature. It was just business.

That said, I can only argue Jay's chicken fajitas to a point as even the propagator's of the style push it as such.

In reality amongst restaurants throughout the country they're gonna' call what they do whatever they want.

Doesn't matter wether its authentic or not.

And with that I certainly can't call Jay out on that.

I still have a problem with Jay calling a tortilla a "wrap".

That's blasphemous to the highest degree and assholio worthy.

He only posts it as such to push my button's.

And why not?

Friend's do sheeit like that to each other.

He and I are compadre's so I don't care.

That being said...

Jay is a shitass of the highest sort!

texas blues said:

Oh stop it.

I concede that the industry has recognized shrimp and chicken as "fajitas".

HAHAHA so you're ditching "Save Fajita," are you still onboard for "Save Queso?" I had shirts made and everything!

Surely you don't approve of "Queso Cheese!"  ;)

save_queso.png

THP.... The instigator. 

Nobody bought those shirts.

Just like your stir-the-pot fajita shirts.

Both are on the auto-ignore pay no mind list.

Buh!

Just dropping by to look at this again!

texas blues said:
Fajita's!!!

Flattop style.

First the veggies.

Red & green bell's, fresno & jalapeno chile's, and onions.

Then skirt steak rubbed with ancho chile powder, granulated garlic, onion powder, and cumin.

The flour tort's went into a tortilla warmer off to the side.

The goodnessessess.

A moment of silence please.

Splooged with Baja lime crema'.

Si senor!

Its that damn good!

Salute' y'all.

That really does look excellent, worth experiencing again ...

What kind of options exist for cooking the peppers and onions? ...

I find myself not loving the heartburn I get from green bell pepper and onion that isn't cooked much ... or the flavor.

Then again, Danielle was doing like hour-long caramelized Vidalia that were too soft and squishy for the "right" texture for the final fajita (for me) ...

I don't think we ever nailed the cooking of the onions and peppers, and thus, I've never done fajitas at home that stand up to even take-out Chili's, actually ...

Maybe there's a magical seasoning mix I don't know ... or par-boiling ... or ? ...

Interesting ... over time we transitioned to leek for our curry dishes, even though it's not traditional, and this is probably why ...

Same reason you'll typically only find red, orange, and yellow bells in our food ...

I'll try that, probably sooner than later ...

Thx.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Every time I hear or read baby leeks I think of sharted or projectile pooping from the minions....

Fortunately I don't have kids, so that does not REALLY compute.

Back