food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

Noice!

sicman said:
word. did you deep fry the tort?

Come on may you know how he rolls... that's oven baked on an oiled sheet.

The Hot Pepper said:
Noice!

Come on may you know how he rolls... that's oven baked on an oiled sheet.
:rofl:

JayT said:
yeps you got it

I did use Sicman's mom's plate though.  Now please tell her to stop calling me.  I am not giving it back!
Wont happen she's pissed about yopu skipping out on her. Infact You very wel may owe child suport
I actually remember the night of the stolen plates
original_250x1000_0.jpg

Needs sauce or salsa!!!!!!!

Mexican Coke!

Caribbean Fork-ripped Chicken

16295578662_b4f85e7490_c.jpg

This was a Caribbean flavor kick to the mouth. Mojo / Congo Trinidad picklese / Badia Sriracha. Almost TOO intense.

I was experimenting with my pressure cooker today. I'm going for a good way to make pulled mojo chicken with boneless skinless breasts. Today's method was to pour 1 1/2 cup water in pressure cooker, put the expandable veggie steamer in, cover the breast in mojo, drop on steamer, and cook for 20 minutes under pressure. I'm experimenting with this because I have done other mojo covered things (pork) in the pressure cooker, and the smell is so intense of sour orange it's difficult to be in the kitchen. All those times the roast has been in the water... along with the mojo. This method was mild... pleasant in a way.

20 mins was not enough. Either that or it was the quick release of pressure instead of natural release. I've heard that can make make a difference. And perhaps that it was cooked completely out of the water... I don't know. The pressure cooker is tricky business, even with a recipe. 

So next attempt will be 30mins and natural release (~10 mins). 

I'm attempting to help GM with his boiled chicken dilemma.  ;)

SumOfMyBits said:
Caribbean Fork-ripped Chicken

16295578662_b4f85e7490_c.jpg

This was a Caribbean flavor kick to the mouth. Mojo / Congo Trinidad picklese / Badia Sriracha. Almost TOO intense.

I was experimenting with my pressure cooker today. I'm going for a good way to make pulled mojo chicken with boneless skinless breasts. Today's method was to pour 1 1/2 cup water in pressure cooker, put the expandable veggie steamer in, cover the breast in mojo, drop on steamer, and cook for 20 minutes under pressure. I'm experimenting with this because I have done other mojo covered things (pork) in the pressure cooker, and the smell is so intense of sour orange it's difficult to be in the kitchen. All those times the roast has been in the water... along with the mojo. This method was mild... pleasant in a way.

20 mins was not enough. Either that or it was the quick release of pressure instead of natural release. I've heard that can make make a difference. And perhaps that it was cooked completely out of the water... I don't know. The pressure cooker is tricky business, even with a recipe. 

So next attempt will be 30mins and natural release (~10 mins). 

I'm attempting to help GM with his boiled chicken dilemma.  ;)

Since when does SoFlo need a recipe?

Sum if thats how you're feelin' then you're slippin' amigo but I don't reckon so.

Looks goodern' sheeit to me!

I may have to look into this whole pressure cooker 'thang.

My dear sweet ma still does stuffed cabbages with it.

To this day when I visit her, thats what she has waiting for me when I get there.

Have mercy!

texas blues said:

Since when does SoFlo need a recipe?

Sum if thats how you're feelin' then you're slippin' amigo but I don't reckon so.

Looks goodern' sheeit to me!

I may have to look into this whole pressure cooker 'thang.

My dear sweet ma still does stuffed cabbages with it.

To this day when I visit her, thats what she has waiting for me when I get there.

Have mercy!

SoFlo rarely, if ever, cooks off a recipe... and if we do... those things are just general guidelines at best.

I did not mean to imply that I was cooking off a recipe, just lettin' peeps know how difficult those things can be to use.

I've turned bones into jelly by accident before. On more than one occasion. 

15680866484_bbedded4e2_b.jpg

GM, 30mins under pressure with 10min. natural release. Chicken breast(s) above the water on veg steamer. Perfect pulled white meat chicken.

Chicken flavor, but not as concentrated like a slow cooker will do after 6 hrs. Edit: but I'm usually doing a whole bird that way. That might be the diff in flavor.

I'll try knocking 5mins off the pressure time, but 30/10 are safe numbers.

alooking dayum good!

Our places breasts are huge so we'll to the full 30.

I think the idea was to be able to eat white meat chicken from the store, and I applaud how tasty that looks for what it is - healthy.

We'll give a go this week, I wanted shrimp again, anyways (same source) ...

grantmichaels said:
alooking dayum good!

Our places breasts are huge so we'll to the full 30.

I think the idea was to be able to eat white meat chicken from the store, and I applaud how tasty that looks for what it is - healthy.

We'll give a go this week, I wanted shrimp again, anyways (same source) ...

^ I was thinking the same thing, looks light and healthy. a twist on the usual suspects here. very nice

Back