food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

Thanks to both of you for ruining... them... for me. I can't even type it now.

obama_bird.jpeg

Scoville DeVille said:
Back home we used to make leek tacos.

We called them "Baby Leeks in a Diaper".

True story.

Dumbass lol. They don't even have leeks in Twisp yet. They're still on the Pony Express.

Scoville DeVille said:
Back home we used to make leek tacos.

We called them "Baby Leeks in a Diaper".

True story.

Merry Christmas!

I have something for you ...

B5Gb0Q5IQAIZ61s.jpg

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Green bell are Satan spawned and have NO place in my food! Yellow and Orange followed by red....all good

I'm pretty sure Beano can offset the digestive aspect, but nothing short of cellular destruction (charring, or really burning) stops the after-taste ... I can't eat them even remotely crisp ...

The Hot Pepper said:
They don't even have leeks in Twisp yet. They're still on the Pony Express.
::rofl:

Hahahahaha I was talking about back home in Wyoming. Hahahaha I was born in Kemmerrerrerr, the place of the original JC Penny's. Ha! Now THAT is the gospel truth. And you think Twisp is remote??? Hahahahahaha
Edit: I just checked. Kemerer has about 1600 more people than Twisp. But WE have leeks. Hahaha

Is Grant posting eggs on pizza in the taco thread? :Rofl:

Yep, it looks that way. :Rofl:

Thanks to both of you for ruining... them... for me. I can't even type it now.

Dumbass lol. They don't even have leeks in Twisp yet. They're still on the Pony Express.

Here THP, Merry Christmas! ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419454123.205147.jpg

It was trending the other day ...

Now you can alternate that one, LOL.

#seenitlotsroundhur

Just seen that "lord have mercy" skillet cooking some right on grub I dig. Looks great dont care what the jury is saying.
you going to have to out of country to get away with dissing that grub
tbfree_logo.gif

yum, Yum, YUM!

square bottom, too ...

I'm always tempted by those, although I have a feeling you did that draped over the oven rack (I've seen that around these parts, but haven't tried myself yet) ...

That's some well executed Americana right there! Dig!

grantmichaels said:
yum, Yum, YUM!

square bottom, too ...

I'm always tempted by those, although I have a feeling you did that draped over the oven rack (I've seen that around these parts, but haven't tried myself yet) ...
No drape thats the stand and stuff shells. I love them,they do break easier but that be because you stuff them so fuller?
The Hot Pepper said:
That's some well executed Americana right there! Dig!
Word!

Damn.. that texmex stuff looks very nice. Funny how we have no freaking clue about taco's. Here they sell them as nacho like hard shells that explode when you bite them. These are just crunchy tortillas aren't they?

Thanks guys! Argentine taco liked for americans.. Crazy not?

These were beef and chicken fajitas seasoned with taco mix (Casa Fiesta), a bit moruga spice powder and refried beans. Onions and hot peppers fried in olive oil.

I use soft tortillas. I do not like crunchy tortillas for the tacos, neither soft corn tortilla like in restaurants. I prefer flour tortillas. Crunchy corn I like only in nachos. I like to warm the tortillas on the grill with the remains of meat juices and oil. All this burned add big flavor when pasted into the tortilla.

That's exactly what a fajita is! Nice!

PS. Stop posting these in the Burrito therad, I thought we discussed this. Your friend was wrong! LOL. I moved it. :D

Back