food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
You are on a damn pork kick! Be careful, you will get pig blood like me.

Yea, it's the cheapest meat we can get in quantity. That and the wifey really likes my Carnitas. Was the first meal I ever cooked for her. It's almost done now, just crisping it under the broiler since I don't have any bacon to fry up for the grease. Pics in like 15 min

For the last 15 min I added an onion and a can of diced green chilis then tossed under the broiler to crisp. 

Avocados where on sale for 10/$10 but none the ones I had picked up are ripe yet. 

Maybe when we go to eat left overs if there are any....

Looking good D3, I went the way of OLP since I was feeding the kids.

OLP + beef + cheddar + jack cheese + sour cream + Buddy's taco sauce!

11009122_10203444270931830_1805568109647013732_n.jpg

lol ... the ever-heralded buddy's taco sauce ...

looking good ...

i require the diced tomato, but that's a minor quibble, and highly personal/subjective ...

The Taste of the Jaks sauce didn't make it through to the finished product. I wanted to add more but the damn Ramen I had for lunch gave me really bad acid reflux. 

I want to eat ... all. of. the. tacos.
D3monic said:
The Taste of the Jaks sauce didn't make it through to the finished product. I wanted to add more but the damn Ramen I had for lunch gave me really bad acid reflux. 

Just wait until morning - you'll be upset you didn't get to eat a superhot to have the same outro.

D3monic said:
Only heavy marinades, in my experience, make it all the way through. Soy sauce, curry, etc.

Looks awesome!!
It's been discussed here, there is no shame in a box taco kit. 
It's Americana, and harkens back to many of our childhoods. 
And it tastes amazing, and I for one can eat them by the dozen!!

Those carnitas look great! It's one of the food adventures I haven't dabbled with yet (but  I love eating them!). 
I like the broil-crisp method. I have a CI dutch oven that is asking me to make carnitas in it. 

What's a box taco kit? Is that what he made? Oh like the shells come with a seasoning packet? I thought he was replicating OLP seasoning since he has his... I see... he used some kit I guess?

Yeah but he has his own seasonings. Figured he was goofing on it.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Nah no kit used only OLP shells.
Thought so!!!!

Back