food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

I don't hate on their seasoning packet either.

When I have that experience, I'll have it w/ their seasonings too.

The McCormick Hot one is less ideal, but also fine enough ...

I didn't know which sub-forum to put this masterpiece in...yada, yada...

Start by puttiing a serious butter-crisp on the crumbled meatloaf.  No crisp=no good.

Torts on the griddle.

Drain that greasy loaf, if you feel the need.

Slather that tort with some sour cream.

Add meatloaf and onion.

Finish with Rogue salsa roja and cotija.

Now, EAT THIS!!!  Meatloaf never tasted this good.

$$$

$$$$

not the best pic- but dinner last night.  I made the soft taco/pancake thingy. grilled ribeye,grilled avocado,grilled red onions,roasted red peppers.  heat was on the steak, little dollop of sour cream to tie the room together.
20150303_185748_zpss8yz2kz0.jpg

D3monic said:

...Carnitas

Whenever pork butt is on sale we tend to make carnitas. Pork, spices, onions,
juice from a couple oranges and limes, and a ton of garlic all gets happy in the
crock pot before being shredded and placed under the broiler.

20150214_205737_zps6seow2l4.jpg

Meats, feta, cilantro, salsa, jalapenos and habanero hot sauce from Torchy's Tacos in Austin, TX:

20150218_121146_zpsyixmuunz.jpg

Yum! We've also done the same with chicken thighs.

FreeportBum said:
not the best pic- but dinner last night.  I made the soft taco/pancake thingy. grilled ribeye,grilled avocado,grilled red onions,roasted red peppers.  heat was on the steak, little dollop of sour cream to tie the room together.
20150303_185748_zpss8yz2kz0.jpg

If I could dial up some breakfast now that I've finally awakened, it would look just like that this morning ... err, afternoon ...
robbie said:

Meats, feta, cilantro, salsa, jalapenos and habanero hot sauce from Torchy's Tacos in Austin, TX:

20150218_121146_zpsyixmuunz.jpg

Yum! We've also done the same with chicken thighs.

Can I have one of these, too? ...

My wife started texting me an hour ago...said she put out powder on her dinner and now is on fire and sweating all over with shakes. She then proceeds to send me a picture of the powder and it was out 15 blend...she thought it was the Thai blend. She smothered her pasta with it....hahahahahahahahahhaha

sicman said:
Does yalls food evr go cold because of all the great pics?
No, plate picture eat :) 

Does yalls food evr go cold because of all the great pics?

15-20% of the time, only ...
If you wanted to make faux barbacoa for some late-night tacos, from some week-old brisket that's pretty much a base-seasoned blank slate, how you you season/sauce it real quick? ...

Yes, I realize barbecoa is a complex process, but we're talking about a little Sunday night hackery here, not barbecoa ...

Back