food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

Since these have been around, I've been digging on them ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426486121.740256.jpg

They have soft, flour tortillas in them that I love ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426486159.139603.jpg

They are much better than the individually packaged 3rd party flour tortillas ...

Danielle tried some, though, and they are good, just like the foil packaged one's in the kit ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426486247.683504.jpg

if you like the one, you'll like the other!

OK, quickie lunch ... trying to just use D's salsa and some crumbled tortilla chip ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426535362.904125.jpg

But of course that wasn't doing it - I needed guac, and hold the lettuce ... oh, and gimme my ro-tel back, please and thank you!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426535384.054055.jpg

And, for D3 ... tacothorpe ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426535500.810009.jpg

I'm a little anxious for when THP finds my tacochanga ...

Of course with no pics it didn't happen, but last night I drunkenly
deduced that Carnitas Quesadillas is where it's at. And that's ex-
actly where they was. Pork, cheddar and flour wrap browned in
butter in the cast iron. Damnit son, I still have greasy fingerprints
today...

So I finally had some availability to go out on our local drift boat today, and decided to break from my usual fishing trend and go bottom fishing. Luckily I ran into a guy who corrected a few things about my approach. Managed to catch about 10-15 or so, about 7-8 of which I kept. Most of those were of the Porgy variety, which is a fish we have here. I haven't researched its complete range. Anyways, I decided to make Blackened Porgy fillets in my cast iron skillet, which eventually became Blackened fish tacos of a sort. So here's what I did.

First you need to catch some fish. porgys will do.

now take your fillets, coat them with melted butter and spices  (cayenne, paprika, dry mustard, bp, wp, salt cumin).

and blacken them.

then mix some sour cream with lime juice, slice some onion and tomato, heat some tortillas, and consume.

That looks great man!

One of the best meals I've seen you cook!!!

From sea to pan!

Try softened butter to coat the fish, not melted. It acts as a binder. Just a tip... it melts when it hits the pan but keeps the spices intact. You get better coverage. :)

Back