food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

nate6279 said:

I see you have membership, did you buy the photo storage at the same time? ...

If so ...

"More Reply options" -> "Browse_" -> "Attach This File" -> "Add to Post" ...

It may say something other than Browse_ on your box, but that's what this old XP box says ...

In process pictures for pork tacos (variant #2) that I will have tomorrow as I am cooking the pork roast in a slow cooker.

Rubbed the pork (and let sit for 1.5 hours) in:
Salt
Brown sugar
Cumin
Mexican oregano
Onion powder
Wayright's (my brother Kevin) smoked red jalapeno powder

Rehydrated 4 anchos and 4 pasillas.

Seared pork to give it some color (smelled great as the spices toasted)
DSC_0329.JPG

Put 1/2 of the rehydrated peppers in the bottom of the slow cooker, added 1.5 cups chicken stock, and the pork roast.  Topped the roast with a cinnamon stick, the other 1/2 of the peppers, and a can of chipotle sauce.  Will cook for 8-10 hours on low. 
DSC_0334.JPG

Will post finishing pictures tomorrow.  Thanks for looking.

TJP

buddy said:
In process pictures for pork tacos (variant #2) that I will have tomorrow as I am cooking the pork roast in a slow cooker.

Rubbed the pork (and let sit for 1.5 hours) in:
Salt
Brown sugar
Cumin
Mexican oregano
Onion powder
Wayright's (my brother Kevin) smoked red jalapeno powder

Rehydrated 4 anchos and 4 pasillas.

Seared pork to give it some color (smelled great as the spices toasted)
attachicon.gif
DSC_0329.JPG

Put 1/2 of the rehydrated peppers in the bottom of the slow cooker, added 1.5 cups chicken stock, and the pork roast.  Topped the roast with a cinnamon stick, the other 1/2 of the peppers, and a can of chipotle sauce.  Will cook for 8-10 hours on low. 
attachicon.gif
DSC_0334.JPG

Will post finishing pictures tomorrow.  Thanks for looking.

TJP

Awesome man, I did a pork butt yesterday for tacos as well. That looks great!

buddy said:
Shredded:
attachicon.gif
DSC_0336.JPG

Added some of the sauce that it cooked in and will store until dinner:
attachicon.gif
DSC_0340.JPG

Possibility of just putting on a bun and having a spicy pulled pork sandwich!
It was difficult putting the pulled pork away last night after just eating dinner. I wanted to eat more be feared death due to pork. Guess we are both having tacos tonight! 

fun to have another person cooking a lot, well, i guess i mean it's fun to have another person sharing a lot of cooks, really ...

nice job on the seasoning too, been digging what i've seen you throwing down ...

Looking good but ya' gotta' use a shit ton(official SoFlo measurement) more pequin's and grind them up for a rub.

The heat comes on fast and furious but doesn't have enough legs for the long haul.

Love dried pequin's and their smokey like flavor but as I sez, it don't last long.

texas blues said:
Looking good but ya' gotta' use a shit ton(official SoFlo measurement) more pequin's and grind them up for a rub.

The heat comes on fast and furious but doesn't have enough legs for the long haul.

Love dried pequin's and their smokey like flavor but as I sez, it don't last long.

I agree, this is more to impart flavor as the wifey doesn't like heat like I do. There will  be some roasted jalapenos toward the finish going in with it as well. I ended up crushing the pequins I did use though. The marinade smells good, I'm digging that Jaks sauce. I can't detect and cinnamon in the sauce which is good. I added some cilantro jalapeno salsa too it.

That Jaks Jeckels winter cinnamon is a damn good sauce. Got a good heat to it too. Make a fire arse pulled pork... Wifey wants carnitas but I may have to spit that meat and drown it in some bbq

Back