food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

thanks for the comments all. 

texas blues said:

I ain't never had no porgy but it looks goodern' heck.

Porgys are a fish I caught in roughly 70-90 feet of water. Fish seem to be migratory in our area. I don't know if that is the case with Porgys. Usually the boat goes out a bit deeper than that, but that's where the captain took us that day. Which for me was fine because it felt like a bottom fishing day. Some people caught a few king fish, and other things, but I was satisfied that I had fish in the boat.

I caught them alongside some grunts, vermillion snapper (which sadly all of which were too short-they are regulated), sand tilefish, and other miscellaneous throwbacks. To me, generally fish are 'tastes like a fish to me.' ;).

grantmichaels said:
Nice. Nice job on the blackening ...

TB will likely fap to that splooge later tonight ...

Ya' know I totally missed the splooge comment.

And for true, I am a connnoisseur of fine splooge such as that.

The lime crema'.

Mine includes not only the sour cream and lime juice but also the zest.

Mandatory on fish tacos and and will mojoficate all other tacos too.

Its my riff on Baja Style splooge but the original used mayo and not the zest.

Ijo la chingada!

Es la mejor!

I'd probably like the mayo version you speak of, like chipotle mayo etc. Not huge on sour cream, for me it ruins some food, it's too sour, especially with the already sour lime. They started putting it on my chilaquiles at this joint, and it ruins it. But that's why we all have different tastes!

The Hot Pepper said:
I'd probably like the mayo version you speak of, like chipotle mayo etc. Not huge on sour cream, for me it ruins some food, it's too sour, especially with the already sour lime. They started putting it on my chilaquiles at this joint, and it ruins it. But that's why we all have different tastes!

I'm weary of the whole chipltle mayo 'thang, much like the sriracha mayo 'thang with the 'mercinaised

sushi joints. 

I've been squeezin' lime juice on my food for almost 40 years now.

But that's a Mexican 'thang that I grew up with.

We put that sheeit on ever 'thang.

Maitre d butter on a ribeye with a squezzin' 'n pleazzin' of lime.

That's either a hot date night with the wife or an affair with the hot redhead at the

next table.

True story.

Yes to lime on fish tacos. Duh. ;)
Or lemon on fish when not Mexican.

But thought you said you riffed on a mayo sauce you liked. :shrugs:
If you liked the baja sauce then you like mayo sauces lol.

texas blues said:

I'm weary of the whole chipltle mayo 'thang, much like the sriracha mayo 'thang with the 'mercinaised

sushi joints. 

How did you get to Japanese food in here? LOL. Besides that Kewpie mayo is way different. The MSG gives it its character.

Making some burnt end tacos with cilantro, fresh lime and queso fresco...tacos in a bit

10881477_974483519252041_2096987064491655761_n.jpg

Those tacos you posted on FB are just plain awesomenessnesssss.  Oh wait, you posted them here too.  Even more awesomenessssss.  I am a fan like a teenage girl WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
And here they are or should I say were....

11071566_974496135917446_8251461135004067198_n.jpg

Thats my kine-o-sheeit right there.

But you still get gigged on one 'thang.

Those tortillah's don't look warm and certainly not hot.

Other wise they'd be bent over.

All is forgiven if you were a practicing alcohol enthusiast when taking the pic.

Back