food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

Deathtosnails said:
Almost the same taco as last time.  Same flavours but more contrasting textures.

Slow cooked pork belly in chicken stock with lime zest and garlic for 2 hours.  Had the finished stock as soup with some chilli and lime juice. 
Fried the pork belly in its own fat until really crispy.

Coriander (cilantro), chunky guac (avacado, lime juice sea salt and cracked black pepper), pork belly, hot taco sauce and finely diced red onion on a mini white corn tortilla.
P6132298_zps4cszosls.jpg

I had 4 of these for brunch.

P6132299_zpssn3iwjgp.jpg

A pork belly taco.

Your previous post's were all 'bidness.

Now you're just showing off.

I love your kung fu.

And now I must find me some pork belly and commit heinous crimes against it.

All 'cuz of DTS.

That stinkin' Kiwi.

Have been working out of town. Living in my travel trailer. Made up some tailgate tacos.

3 lbs pork steak
2 limes
1/2 cup water
1 Tsp Moruga Scorpion powder
1 Tbsp oregano
1 Tsp cumin
1 Tsp garlic powder
Salt
1 7oz can of chipotle peppers and sauce
2 gallon ziplock bag

2 gallon ziplock bag. Add can of peppers. Squeeze and mash peppers in the bag. Add spices, water, and lime. Throw Pork in bag and shake until evenly coated. Put it in the fridge and let sit for 12hrs or more. Cook it medium heat on the grill. Add salt to taste once it's on the grill. DONT OVER COOK! ITS PORK!

Yellow corn tortilla
Avocado
White onion
Crema (Mexican Style Cream)
Homemade Mango Jigsaw/Peach Fatalii pepper sauce View attachment 24128 View attachment 24129 View attachment 24130

grantmichaels said:
Nice lookin' pork, man!
Thanks. Nothing special. It had nice balance flavors. I wish I had a deep fryer with me. Some nice crispy Carnitas would be great. Maybe some fish tacos. Damn I'm getting hungry again. Sorry about the pics. Cell phone.

Clam tacos good.

Clam wraps bad.

Never heard of no stinkin' clam wraps.

Maybe on planet Clamydia they have those 'thangs.

I 'member we'd drive down to Clam Gulch from Anchorage and dig buckets of razors.

Purged in seawater and corn meal for a day and then cleaned and deep fried.

Those made awesome clam tacos.

Back