food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:

Maybe this should have gone over in DC ?  :confused:
I don't stand a chance in the Taco contest.
Where else should I post all things Taco ?

You should just make a thread, which accurately describes them in the title, and place the thread in Cooking With Fire (if there's spicy, which there probably is in a taco) or in the other sub-forum (Recipes) if not ...

Or so I've been told ...

Leftover Fish Tacos ...

I posted some grouper in my grilling thread last night, that I'd fixed with blackened redfish magic, jhp 15x pepper powder, sea salt, lemon, scallion, and butter ...

The tacos I made earlier using the leftovers stole the show, though ...

I whipped up some shredded cabbage, mexican crema, juice of half a lime, and some raw scallion ... and I pulled out the pex bee bomb for good measure.

One little touch - the addition of a little turkey pepperoni to the pan ahead of it. Just pretend it's chorizo-like, easy!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435473683.914232.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435473706.131635.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435473716.165223.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435473727.434892.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435473738.567517.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435473752.767172.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435473761.217962.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435473772.619562.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435473785.485769.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435473796.869914.jpg

;)

BigB said:
i wish i knew where to find crema down here easily

guaranteed can ... publix ... w/ the cheese stuffs, on the shelf below the hanging bags of shredded cheese ...

it's the same at every publix in town, and i can visualize three different stores off the top of my head as i write this ...

you'll find the same brand's cotija and queso cheeses right next to the crema ...

moving on from sodium carboxy-methylcellulose covered cheddar (anti-caking crap on shredded bag-cheeses) brought epic improvements in dropping the aged-ness of even cheddar improved which flavors are dominant in our tacos ...

the next level is DIY seasoning of the ground beef and trying to move beyond OEP (which hasn't proven to be easy), and then all that will be left if DIY tortillas (which should be pretty easy) ...

CHEERS!

Just saw your tacos GM.

And as expected, are killer.

Wait.

I just had a ephemeral yet "enigma" moment.

Have to grab it back...

Oh..si senor.

What I was saying that while its expected that whatever you post is top shelf and hot blue and righteous...

The absolute variety and high quality of whatever style you cook kicks my ass.

And the goodern' hell pics don't hurt nuthin' neither. 

The beginnings of slow cooked Mexican beef that I will use for tacos and/or enchiladas.

Rub roast beef in combination of:
1 TBSP Kevin's (wayright) Apple Wood Smoked Surinam 8 powder
1.5 TSP cumin
1 TSP chipotle chile powder

Heat 1 TBSP olive oil.  Sear roast on both sides (about 2 minutes per side.  Put roast in slow cooker.

Add another 1TBSP olive oil to pan.  Saute 1 medium (chopped) white onion for a couple of minutes.  Add 6 cloves of minced garlic to onions and saute another minute or so (make sure that you don't overcook the garlic or it will be bitter).  Add a can of beef stock and chipotle hot sauce (I used about .75 bottle of Smoke'n'Fire's El Capitan (it's amazing) and some of Kevin's (wayright) Apple/Cherry smoked sea salt to taste).  Bring to boil, simmer, and reduce.  Pour over roast. 

Added some nice large Jalapenos, and I will start this around 8:00 tonight and let go until around 5:00 tomorrow morning when I wake up.

DSC_0890.JPG

DSC_0892.JPG

DSC_0899.JPG

Back