The Great Kiwi Pepper Thread

Reading up on them I found a map showing where they were present in NZ and from memory most of the north island including Hamilton had them. 

It appears something is killing the Psyllids:

I have more and more dead white Psyllids turning up.  There is also ghostly looking scale:

It would be awesome to get the opinion of an entomologist.

What size pots the dorset naga's in? they look like descent sized plants in relation to pot size from the little i can see.

Had a good ride past hamilton today with my new bike, a "07 zx10r" loved it. had to ride pillion passenger all the way to ngaruawahia to pick the new bike up. and finally got to ride it a good length of time! (with only test riding same bike earlier in the month). Good looking plants swampy, never really had the urge to hop on the reaper boat but after seeing your plant i am reconsidering as they look awesome.

FireFlyNZ said:
What size pots the dorset naga's in? they look like descent sized plants in relation to pot size from the little i can see.

Had a good ride past hamilton today with my new bike, a "07 zx10r" loved it. had to ride pillion passenger all the way to ngaruawahia to pick the new bike up. and finally got to ride it a good length of time! (with only test riding same bike earlier in the month). Good looking plants swampy, never really had the urge to hop on the reaper boat but after seeing your plant i am reconsidering as they look awesome.
Top photo,plant on the left is 65L,3rd photo is 160L
its funny because the 65L really took off and was a lot bigger that the plant in the 160L.Its only now that the 160L is starting to over take the 65L
I dont think I watered the 160L enough,thinking there was more moisture than there was

^i agree, those plants are insane!
these are my most productive chinense so far this year, dont have anything on swampy lol.

image_zps23420681.jpg

image_zps8cb39e10.jpg

while im at it, the turbo pube pods are finally starting to change colour! i had thought some would be done by the time i got home, but nope.
image_zpsaec8c0dc.jpg

image_zps61e401fc.jpg

and here's the Galap, seems to have set a couple of pods now
image_zpse0f4a619.jpg

a few things arrived over the last couple of days..am happy.

This cracked me up..seeds sent (couriered) in bubble envelope, with paper on the front saying its seeds! i guess someone was very lazy lol.
glad it arrived though, was an expensive couple packs of seeds!
image_zps8a1ba32b.jpg

the contents;
image_zps4df3ff47.jpg

also i got the rest of these  :party:
image_zpscb990057.jpg

Strange how the seed parcels work. I got a nasty letter yesterday from MAF due to my seed parcel from Judy. I think she put all the seeds in one envelope instead of spreading it over a couple of envelopes like i had asked,so it was noticed and searched. Lost USD$40 with that parcel....but today another parcel from the States with seeds got through no problem...weird. I think it was the stuffed envelope versus a standard thickness envelope that set them off.

I have 2 shipments inbound, fingers crossed.  In concept would anyone be keen to get a photosanitary cert for a bulk order?  If we have five people it might only add $10 each but we could order many packets as they would be virtually guaranteed to get through.  Just a thought.  Either that or we could start some sort of seed exchange website?

Robisburning said:
I have 2 shipments inbound, fingers crossed.  In concept would anyone be keen to get a photosanitary cert for a bulk order?  If we have five people it might only add $10 each but we could order many packets as they would be virtually guaranteed to get through.  Just a thought.  Either that or we could start some sort of seed exchange website?
Id be keen

Rush35 said:
Strange how the seed parcels work. I got a nasty letter yesterday from MAF due to my seed parcel from Judy. I think she put all the seeds in one envelope instead of spreading it over a couple of envelopes like i had asked,so it was noticed and searched. Lost USD$40 with that parcel....but today another parcel from the States with seeds got through no problem...weird. I think it was the stuffed envelope versus a standard thickness envelope that set them off.
what'd ya get?  :P  and bummer about loosing the parcel.
iv got choc mircha seeds & bongo chilli seeds for you whenever you want them

nzchili said:
a few things arrived over the last couple of days..am happy.

This cracked me up..seeds sent (couriered) in bubble envelope, with paper on the front saying its seeds! i guess someone was very lazy lol.
glad it arrived though, was an expensive couple packs of seeds!

Your plants look great.  Have you had most luck in ground or in pots this year? Have you abandoned your glog?  It would be great to see an a few more shots of your plants. 

Robisburning said:

Your plants look great.  Have you had most luck in ground or in pots this year? Have you abandoned your glog?  It would be great to see an a few more shots of your plants. 
Have only put two plants in the ground, one is doing really well, the other not so good.
Yea iv abandoned the glog for this season. May try again next season.

iv got so many plants and they are all spread around the place which makes photos difficult..here's a few though. 

various superhots;
image_zps13ed8697.jpg

brainstrain starting to pod up. this plant looks like it will be a winner, very vigerous, and the pods look spot on as well
image_zps7a555de3.jpg

brown bhutlah pheno#2
image_zpsb926290c.jpg

Brown bhutlah pheno#3
image_zps1002d5d6.jpg

this is the brown moruga you gave me, i think i stunted it a bit. has lots of flowers etc now, still to early to tell what the pods will look like;
image_zps03675066.jpg

7pot sr strain;
image_zps9ad2a605.jpg

maigolds, giant rocoto, a couple of douglah's (which have some REALLY mean looking pods hidden in there), and a lamba mircha that is not doing well;
image_zpsf997d713.jpg

some kind of large sweet capsicum. my friend got this from a garden shop last year and I took seeds from it and grew it out..
image_zpsaecbcc61.jpg

lamba mircha pretty happy in the ground;
image_zps4db4f988.jpg

nzchili said:
Id be keen

what'd ya get?  :P  and bummer about loosing the parcel.
iv got choc mircha seeds & bongo chilli seeds for you whenever you want them
Ta mate.
Got in the Trinidad Cardi Yellow, Bhut Orange Copenhagen and about 4 Fatalii hybrid crosses that look really cool.

Back