• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce The Hottest Sauce in the Universe

The way I see it, this is a discussion forum which seems a good place to discuss all intelligent things chile related. Nobody's really fighting, but people do get concerned whenever there is cencorship or control issues, or any talk of it although in this case it just seems incredibly ridiculous and one sided.
The only thing I have to add is that maybe there should have been a better warning label in this particular case but "Hottest sauce in the universe" would be enough for me.

Also, I'm definitely looking forward to tasting Defcon's wings on August 14th.. Assuming he's serving some of his "milder" stuff.
Agree with your post dude. We'll have plenty of regular stuff at Duff's in Brooklyn on the 14th. However, stick around, you always get the testosterone-filled idiot who wants to prove himself to the world. It's my job to show he's not worthy. As for the Deathmatches, that I guess I was 'called out' for (yeah, I got a truly hearty laugh out of it), everyone competing knows EXACTLY what they're getting themselves into.

As for babying people. At the dozens of large-scale trade shows I've set up camp at over the years, I've served up hundreds, if not thousands, of the cranially-challenged goobers who approach the booth with the infamous dolty phrase of, "Gimme the hottest you got". Well, I do, and they usually end up running away quickly, with their tails between their legs. Best part is, I don't have to deal with their dumbasses anymore that day. I love my job.

Exactly...
Thats what this post was about. Me being a naive idiot that didnt know what he was getting himself into because #1-lack of experience. And #2-Not a sufficient warning label.
Like the wing sauce at Quaker Steak, the flavor was phenominal! That honey kinda flavor made me wish I had eaten more! So good.

I think we weathered the little spat pretty well...it is not the first time differences of opinions have differed and won't be the last...to me, I don't think anyone is mad at anyone else....or at least that is the feeling I got from reading the whole thread...

if anyone is upset with me (namely NJA), please accept my apology...

Exactly...Thats what this post was about. Me being a naive idiot that didnt know what he was getting himself into because #1-lack of experience. And #2-Not a sufficient warning label. Like the wing sauce at Quaker Steak, the flavor was phenominal! That honey kinda flavor made me wish I had eaten more! So good.
I must admit, it sounds like quite the lesson was learned, albeit a rough way to go. I'm glad everything is ok now. If you really want to see some people hurtin', check out some of the videos on our website. I have a few years of footage, and perhaps it will make you feel a little better knowing you aren't the only one who got in over their head.

Not sure what your plans are for next weekend, but if you want to have a ton of fun, you should join myself and about 70-80 other 'hot' vendors at Jungle Jim's Annual Weekend of Fire. You'd probably get great thrills out of laughing at the Minions of Stupidity voluntarily breaking their own personal thresholds of abject pain, as they stammer around trying to seek a less painful existence. It truly is a sight to behold.

I must admit, it sounds like quite the lesson was learned, albeit a rough way to go. I'm glad everything is ok now. If you really want to see some people hurtin', check out some of the videos on our website. I have a few years of footage, and perhaps it will make you feel a little better knowing you aren't the only one who got in over their head.

Not sure what your plans are for next weekend, but if you want to have a ton of fun, you should join myself and about 70-80 other 'hot' vendors at Jungle Jim's Annual Weekend of Fire. You'd probably get great thrills out of laughing at the Minions of Stupidity voluntarily breaking their own personal thresholds of abject pain, as they stammer around trying to seek a less painful existence. It truly is a sight to behold.

I guess this truly makes me one of the minions of stupidity. I tried the Zero, then sat at the table for a deathmatch and then bought the Zero three or four times since. I haven't been to the hospital yet, but it's been close a couple of times. I have steered clear of this discussion thus far, and the only thing I will add now is respect the pepper/sauce, and to each his own.

I guess this truly makes me one of the minions of stupidity. I tried the Zero, then sat at the table for a deathmatch and then bought the Zero three or four times since. I haven't been to the hospital yet, but it's been close a couple of times. I have steered clear of this discussion thus far, and the only thing I will add now is respect the pepper/sauce, and to each his own.

And TB's Christopher Walken is awesome.

I guess this truly makes me one of the minions of stupidity.
Nope, you are a Defcon Acolyte. A Minion of Stupidity is the guy who walks around thinking he's indestructible (usually beer induced) at trade shows. This idiot swaggers up to each vendors booth explaining to each manufacturer that he truly is invincible, and nothing the manufacturer has will affect him in the least. These same dolts reinforce their bravado by explaining to the manufacturer they have done a SHOT of Tabasco at a party, and it had virtually no effect, so "Bring it on! Give me the hottest you got!"

THAT Jay, is a Minion of Stupidity.

Nope, you are a Defcon Acolyte. A Minion of Stupidity is the guy who walks around thinking he's indestructible (usually beer induced) at trade shows. This idiot swaggers up to each vendors booth explaining to each manufacturer that he truly is invincible, and nothing the manufacturer has will affect him in the least. These same dolts reinforce their bravado by explaining to the manufacturer they have done a SHOT of Tabasco at a party, and it had virtually no effect, so "Bring it on! Give me the hottest you got!"

Hey....I know that guy!

Amen Creator....that is why I like to stand a little way off from your booth at Zest Fest and just watch people...wish I had a stool to sit on....already got beeeeeeeerrrrr in hand for January...I see and hear what you don't and let me tell you....did you know that you are a SOB?...heard that many times

Back