food The Last Great Pizza Thread

Scovie that's the Pepperoni with some Haba-Peno sauce. If that is Jamaican you crazy then you should try the Hawaiian style pizza with The Captains Sauce on it. It's actually the Sourdough crust that makes it as good as it is though.

Cheers,
RM

Edit: oh and that it was cooked on the grill. Yum!

so....I'm supposed to be cookin' cabbage, or some such thing, right about now....but my heart is with the PIZZA!!! I just made a new dough - with jalapeno powder we dried and ground last month. Raw, it smells sooo good! Can't wait to bake that puppy up! I can't even think about the toppings yet, but it's gonna be fun! ;) I'm learning that to let the dough 'rest' in the fridge for a few days makes it alot easier to work with. And that works great for my procrastination tendencies! :)

There are some damn good looking pizzas on this thread. Here is my humble addition. Basic scratch crust, store bought sauce with spices added to make it right, Pepperoni, Mushrooms and Bhut jolokia on a couple slices for me.

Picture027.jpg

Picture031.jpg

Whew!!! when I ate one slice of pizza it was so hot I think it made my momma cry. Seriously hot, I'm sweating off the back of my head.

It's tough to pick out the flavor from the pepper just intense, intense heat.

JCD

Ok, my turn. Tonight I have two pizzas. The first is a meatlovers with ham, bacon, sausage, pepperoni, red onion, green bell, jalapeno, douglah powder, homemade marinara with San Marzano tomatoes and seasonings.

100_9740.jpg

100_9743.jpg

Next is Heather's pizza with Italian marinated chicken, spinach, red onion, sun dried tomatoes and a sun dried tomato alfredo sauce. No heat in this one, but I thought I would post it anyway.

100_9741.jpg

100_9746.jpg

Oh and the dough is made with OO Farina Italian Flour, dry yeast, water, honey, salt, olive oil, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.

000_0538.jpg

000_0539.jpg

000_0540.jpg

And, NOTHING goes with pizza like Defcon wings...

100_9745.jpg

What do you call that shape, amoeba?

Amoeba schmeeba. I call it hot blue and righteous as it should be. Jay you had me at sundried tomato. Wings? Just more HB&R. PooPoo on Dan for failing to recognize. Jay's pizza and wings...I can dig it all day long!

Go Rangers!

Ok couple of pizzas here, only just recently built a Wood Fired Pizza Oven, so still learning the exact heat and temp etc.

First is a proscuitto pizza
SDC10961.jpg

Meat Lovers Pizza
SDC10976.jpg

Sudden Death Calamari Pizza
SDC10971.jpg

and margherit in the oven
SDC10955.jpg

I would kill for an oven like that. Nice pies. I did a few on the BGE tonight. I can't believe the difference that 00 Caputo flour makes. First a margherita, but I didn't have any fresh basil and had to use stuff I dried from the garden.

HPIM2030.jpg
And next a sopressata
HPIM2028.jpg

Very nice pies MWCH! Sopressata is so much better than pepperoni, was it hot or sweet?

Booma! Keep the pizza making up! Some of those look like they got a bit burned on the bottom (crust), but no worries... that's how we learn!

Lovin' the wood oven. When you get the temps and time right.... we'll ALL be jealous!

Cool. I love sopressata on pizza. I also love prosciutto but I put it on after the pizza is done. The hot pizza warms it up but I don't like to cook it, it's been aged a year why mess with perfection ya know? I'll post some pies here soon.

Only used the oven three times so far, crusts got a little burnt but still tasted good. Cooked 18 pizzas over the night for 25 people, not a single piece left. Caputo 00 flour does really make a difference just need to find it in larger quantities. Will be cooking more wednesday night

Some of that char does look inedible, I've done it myself, takes experimenting.

Back