• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Last Great Pizza Thread

'Bout time we had a thread for all those that make their own dough and sauce. Too many good cooks on THP to let something as magnificent as that king of foods, pizza go unnoticed on this forum. This thread however comes with some rules to post...

1) Make your own dough and post the recipe. Thin crust. Whole wheat. Foccacia. NY or Chicago style. Naan....your choice!

2) Make your own sauce and post the recipe. Red. White. Olive oil w/ garlic. Whatever gets your mojo workin'!

3) Mandatory that it brings teh heat. Habs. Serrano's. Bhut's. T-Scorps. Fatalli. Hot sauce's and puree's will qualify. Using wimp sauce's such as Tabasco Brand or Franks will
be ridiculed with extreme prejudice and boooooed heavily!

4) Toppings can be anything. Pepperoni. Avocado. Greek olives. Pulled pork. If it came out of the ground or walked, swam or crawled, its all cool and the gang!

5) Bake them in the oven on a sheet pan. In cast iron. A pizza stone. On the grill. Got a wood fired pizza oven? Have mercy!

6) Pics are mandatory! Anyone can talk smack about it but put up or shut up. No pics? It never happened and ridiculing and boooooing will follow. Capiche?

Alright ya'll, lets get it on.....

Holy Sh@@ on a Shingle Batman those pies be looking goooooood. Think I'm going to be saucing me down some slices of homemade goodness this weekend. Never done on the grill though I'll have to give that a shot.

Oh those pans with the holes in them are ok in an oven but I wouldnt put one on a grill. Well if you do be ready to scrap the burnt spots off the bottom and I'm not cleaning up the mess after :cool:

Probably somewhere in the 400-500 range.
maybe hotter than that.
Actually never checked. We get it pretty hot for pizza.

Ok FD4 and Sum have me thinking Pizza on the grill and about sourdough. This could be a match made in heaven. So here we go:

Starter feed up and ready to rise
5a1df036.jpg

Houston we have a dough ball
5146c494.jpg

Toppings
344a3293.jpg

Grill is warming up and that is Mesquite and Fresh Rosemary for a little smoking action
c4f8d3ca.jpg

Browning up the crust a bit
d196186f.jpg

Continued

DAMN RIGHT ROCKET MAN!!!!!! Keep it comin!!!

That smoke in the pizza is going to (hopefully) blow your mind!!!
It's a different taste, but It's really good!!!
More pics, please!

Pepperoni before
4423ad04.jpg

Pepperoni after
dbda8d7f.jpg

Veggie after
f66e7ec5.jpg

Slice of pepperoni with some of RocketMan's Jamaica Me Hot Sauce. That guy can sure make the sauce
60537a50.jpg

Starter gets a bedtime snack
eeb9658e.jpg

and a drink of water
697b1b4c.jpg

Had some fresh Cayenne's that a friend at work gave me on the veggie. They were really tasty but dang were they hot.

Cheers,
RM

Crust held up fandamntastic. Maybe need to tweak the recipe as it was a bit hard on the edge and chewy in the center
Taste was nothing less than AWSOME! The cheese took on some of the flavor from the smoke and the rosemary smoke, well if you have never smoked with fresh rosemary you need to do it. My stones, thank you Pampered Chef, are rectangle fit perfectly on my grill. This is a great idea nad I will be doing it again.

On a side note several of these were consumed during the festivities.
898bbabc.jpg

I like these pub glasses but I've got to get me some of those Sam Adams glasses!

Great job!!! Keep posting on this thread!!!

Apparently this is where people in FLORIDA post pizza!!!!!! (We can own this shit!)

Charcoal Grilled Pizza On Grill
6-25-11-grilled-pizza.jpg

Sauce
Fresh smoked mozzarella (made daily at the local joint!)
Fresh basil
Sicilian Salami (100% dried, not cooked)

Pepper powder for heat

Shitty cell pic! But nice sloppy grilled pizza. I'll make a purdy, even topping one, with better pictures next time!

Rustic THP.

When SoFlo messes up a pizza we call it Artisan... not that you messed up...

RM- try heating your pizza stone longer. On the grill is tricky. Let it sit over coals for at least a half-hour. Stone heat should fix that dough prob. It looked great from the top.

Oh I messed it up! I'll admit that! Hehe. Need to perfect my pizza grilling and fix my topping structure... ah hell who am I kidding, I'll just throw it together again.

If you look at the middle slice it looks pretty good... it's all about perspective.

THP- Focused on the middle slice with my better than cell phone camera. You're right... block out some of that yellow tinge... so I can see where the crust ends and the cheese begins... throw on my red'n'blue 3-d glasses... amazing!!!

What's with that drunken soldier peperoni hanging over the bow? Tell him to sack up.

Boss, While it is nice to have a purdy pizza to set on the table, once the biting and chewing starts it purdy or not it's still going to be great from the quality of those ingredients you used. That be one great pizza sir and I'm sure it was darn tasty.

There you go THP!!!!!! Artisan pie!!

Finally, this pizza stuff is catching on. TB is realizing his dream!!! (And he hasn't posted a pizza in a while either!).

SoFlo got busy in the kitchen the other day.

New dough recipe this time... added some honey.

Beers were consumed... of course.

Bear was punched in the fuzzies.

Whipped up a mean batch of sauce with some canned tomatoes, garlic cloves and olive oil. There might have been more that I'm not remembering right now.

Police were called... we had to plead the "fifth".

IMG_3906.jpg

IMG_3907.jpg

Yeah, topped with black olives, artichoke and some sliced home-pickled fatalii zucchini.

Pickled fatalii zucchini is the $. Get on it.

Back