• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Last Great Pizza Thread

'Bout time we had a thread for all those that make their own dough and sauce. Too many good cooks on THP to let something as magnificent as that king of foods, pizza go unnoticed on this forum. This thread however comes with some rules to post...

1) Make your own dough and post the recipe. Thin crust. Whole wheat. Foccacia. NY or Chicago style. Naan....your choice!

2) Make your own sauce and post the recipe. Red. White. Olive oil w/ garlic. Whatever gets your mojo workin'!

3) Mandatory that it brings teh heat. Habs. Serrano's. Bhut's. T-Scorps. Fatalli. Hot sauce's and puree's will qualify. Using wimp sauce's such as Tabasco Brand or Franks will
be ridiculed with extreme prejudice and boooooed heavily!

4) Toppings can be anything. Pepperoni. Avocado. Greek olives. Pulled pork. If it came out of the ground or walked, swam or crawled, its all cool and the gang!

5) Bake them in the oven on a sheet pan. In cast iron. A pizza stone. On the grill. Got a wood fired pizza oven? Have mercy!

6) Pics are mandatory! Anyone can talk smack about it but put up or shut up. No pics? It never happened and ridiculing and boooooing will follow. Capiche?

Alright ya'll, lets get it on.....

qzCDXnj.jpg
  :rofl:

They are called Salemme Pepper, he grows his own pepper type. Not as hot as yours!

I was gifted a "Salemme" pepper plant a few years ago, from another Dad at my kid's football practice. When the guy handed it to me I immediately thought it was some sort of Thai variety. I kept asking what kind it was, but he responded 3 times: "It's a Salemme pepper!"
---------------------------
From their website:
"The Salemme Pepper is so named as there is no known formal or scientific designation, nor known to have been previously cultivated. It resembles the Cabai Burong of Malaysia and the Kahari of India, however it is truly unique. This pepper has been in the Salemme family for generations, although from whence it arrived remains a mystery"
----------------------------
:rolleyes:

The entire transaction between the guy and I was so weird, like some black market/mafia type thing, haha. He hands me this plant in the parking lot of a park (football practice), and tells me to go "Run it to your truck, quick!" I assumed he didn't want anybody to think it was a pot plant or something. Some lady saw us though. She goes, "Is that a Salemme pepper plant?" The guy gave me a look that said "We just got caught..." I was totally confused. Then she says, "You're not growing those, are you?!" (Again, I'm lost) We both stood there silently, not knowing what to say, and the lady says, "Don't worry, I won't say anything," then winked. Huh? I looked at him like, "What the hell was that about?" but he just smirked. The whole thing was very bizarre.

I later found out that this particular family has been trying to keep this pepper strictly in their family for generations. Turn out it's a Rooster Spur (Thai variety). Cat's outta the bag, I guess, haha

Grilled artichoke hearts.

Grated parmigiano reggiano directly on top of sauce
Smoked Mozzarella
Aged sharp provolone, the best you can get sliced before it gets too hard for slicer

I have an awesome Italian specialties store

Green Goddess is like ranch with green shit in it lol, very tasty, it's not a brand that I know of just a type, but maybe a brand too... thanks!

The Hot Pepper said:
Green Goddess is like ranch with green shit in it lol, very tasty, it's not a brand that I know of just a type, but maybe a brand too... thanks!

I think you're correct.

The one I liked to be liking was Seven Seas Green Goddess.

Seven Seas being the brand.

On a 'nuther note...

"like ranch with green shit in it..."

Ranch.

Texans love it.

New Yorkers do too.

But with more green sheeit in it. 

texas blues said:
Ranch.

Texans love it.

New Yorkers do too.

But with more green sheeit in it.