food The Last Great Pizza Thread

it was great my sister made it! and she is a pro cook,not complaining about making bread or home made sauce she is for real!!!!

My wonderful wife made homemade bacon pizza tonight. My half had chopped homegrown hot banana, yellow cayenne and Serrano peppers.. Delicious bacon flavor with a little burn

2ae114a3.jpg

Kudo's surely go to your wife sir.

Got an after oven shot with all the scheezy goodness?

I'm glad y'all are keeping this thread puttin' along, even in the summer.

Most of my pizza making is done in cooler months.

Kudo's surely go to your wife sir.

Got an after oven shot with all the scheezy goodness?

I'm glad y'all are keeping this thread puttin' along, even in the summer.

Most of my pizza making is done in cooler months.

Hey blues thanks I will let her know and yes I do have an after picture..somehow there are leftovers for now at least

b57ab7a3.jpg

ncbb that looks sloppy good!

The crust reminds me of the Bisquick crust pizza that my mother used to make when we were kids.

It was pretty damn good.

That's what I was thinkin too TB.
Although the uncooked picture had me almost thinking Cornbread.
Look at all the bacones on that peezer!
Looks good ncbb.

I guess you cooked the bacon before assembling the pizza? I like mine chewier rather than crispy like that, but I reckon I would still stuff a couple pieces in my face.

I guess you cooked the bacon before assembling the pizza? I like mine chewier rather than crispy like that, but I reckon I would still stuff a couple pieces in my face.

A couple pieces?

Dude.

You're on drugs.

I would mouth fist that pizza like I was Linda Lovelace.

That's what I was thinkin too TB.
Although the uncooked picture had me almost thinking Cornbread.
Look at all the bacones on that peezer!
Looks good ncbb.

Thanks Scoville!!

Wife made the dough from scratch then arranged the pizza and put the bacon on top no cooking prior to baking. It turned out great. Yes it was not crunchy but it tasted awesome. Maybe a few more strips of bacon would have been good too!!

A couple pieces?

Dude.

You're on drugs.

I would mouth fist that pizza like I was Linda Lovelace.

Yes. Yes I am ibuprofen and vicodin that along with tequila makes for a party! :party:
Thanks Scoville!!

Wife made the dough from scratch then arranged the pizza and put the bacon on top no cooking prior to baking. It turned out great. Yes it was not crunchy but it tasted awesome. Maybe a few more strips of bacon would have been good too!!

Moar bacon is always good!

Quick roasted veg family friendly pie.<< super hot powders added later.
Dough.
500g bread flour/500g &lsquo;00&rsquo; Caputo
20g salt
6g dry yeast
650g water (or beer)

Combine and mix till the dough pulls away from the sides. Rest for 15 minutes to allow the water to absorb.
Knead for 5-6 minutes, cover and let rise for 2 hours. Divide into four 416-420g balls and store over-night.

Roasted garlic, mushrooms, green peppers, and red onions with fresh basil and low salt olives.
75/25 whole milk mozzarella/ smoked provolone. Finished with Moroccan olive oil, fresh basil and Parmigiano reggiano.

Baked at 550&deg;F on pizza stone for about 8 minutes
7707224488_9ef0a05b78_b.jpg

Mountains of flavor. :beer:

-Peter

Damn Pete that rocks! What'd you use for sauce?

I'm having a hard time finding 00 flour and other fancy flours for bread and pizza. Any tips on where to get it?

Nothing special, but I thought I would share it. This one is made the way I grew up eating it, by "the cut".

100_0584.jpg

100_0586.jpg

100_0590.jpg

Oh man, B2BS, that looks awesome, and I would even eat the shrooms. Props man!

Jay's been busier than Nadya..... Never mind.

Damn Pete that rocks! What'd you use for sauce?

I'm having a hard time finding 00 flour and other fancy flours for bread and pizza. Any tips on where to get it?
Found it at a local restaurant supply store in 25kg bags (Antimo Caputo 00). I've seen it on amazon in smaller amounts...would be perfect with free shipping.

Sauce is a mix of fresh local tomatoes, tomato puree, fresh/dry basil and oregano, garlic powder, salt and olive oil.
Really simple sauce; simmered for 2-3 hours then left overnight.

-Peter

My neighbors & I do pizza night from time to time. They usually make the crust & I'll contribute ingredients.

This one's a red sauce with fresh basil mixed in with the mozzarella, bell peppers, pepperoni, roma tomatoes and sun-dried tomatos with a light dusting of Asiago.

376073_10150488585125340_344895411_n.jpg

This one was pretty spectacular. I used Knepper's Peppers Hamermelon to marinate a tri-tip, which I then dusted with a black pepper/coleman's mustard mix. slow cooked for 4 hours and smoked lightly over applewood (20 mins). I slices it into chunks, and applied liberally to this pie. The roasted red peppers & sauteed onions were the perfect compliment to this meat-a-tarian pizza, and the topper was the shredded aged gouda that was shaved onto the top before cooking.

422171_10150641194540340_339440635_n.jpg

A vegetarian option with pesto sauce, Mushies, bell peppers, artichoke hearts, basil, and sauteed onion (white wine/garlic) to balance out the above:

431494_10150641219960340_1855779963_n.jpg

Mushroom//oven-roasted garlic & cheese topped with mozzarella,goat cheese & romano.
408056_10150641278400340_148737146_n.jpg

So good I even ate a one of the mushroom slices.

Too much shroomage for me on that one, the others look awesome.

Your nieghbors look like they have the crust thang handled!

Back