food The Last Great Pizza Thread

Yeah, i personally like a little char on the crust, the slice was a tiny tiny little bit over done, i too also like the stretchy stringy cheese, but i was having a shocking time managin oven temps last night, need some better burning firewood.

Since the weather is finally starting to look closer towards summer, this thing is going to get a workout

It was sooo close bro! I think you like it just like I do. Damn... that oven... damnnnn! My next project, lol.

Yeah it was on my project list for about a year, then but the bullet and had it built in 2 days. Cooking in 4 days. Next project is getting a custom double barrel smoker built.

Already got planned 4 chickens, couple of pizzas, poppers and stuffed peppers for this Sunday. Can't wait!

Yeah it was on my project list for about a year, then but the bullet and had it built in 2 days. Cooking in 4 days. Next project is getting a custom double barrel smoker built.

Already got planned 4 chickens, couple of pizzas, poppers and stuffed peppers for this Sunday. Can't wait!

You and your stinkin' wood fired oven.

I hate your guts!!!

:rofl:

I've been planning mine for years but need to buy a house first. Probs never gonna happen :(

Damn you and your awesome wood fired oven of awesomeness!!!

:)

Hey y'all chillun's.

I have been sorely remiss in not buckin' this thread and its about time I got my pizza mojo workin' agin'.

I'm all about the cracker style.

Here's my riff.

2# King Arthur Bread Flour

1 1/2 c 110f H2O

2 T olive oil

1 T active dry yeast

1 T sugar

2 t kosher salt

First thang' is to whir n' stir all ingredients less'n the flour in Kitty.

In about 15 minutes you'll have a nice bloom.

Hard to see in this pic but its blow'd up like a swollen catchers mitt.

IMG_3914.jpg

Then toss in all of the flour and mix on low just enough to incorporate everything and the dough pulls away from the hook. You don't want to knead this dough.

Get it into a good size bowl and cover with a towel and place someplace warm, like a stove top.

Its going to appear a little dry and crumbly. Thats cool and the gang.

IMG_3915.jpg

The first proof and doubled in size after about 45 minutes.

IMG_3916.jpg

Now this recipe should make 4 x 12" pizza's but for what I want to do with it, I cut it into 3rds so I have a little more room for scientific 'speriments. Spray up some ziploc's with some PAM and toss the balls in and then into the fridge for further retardation.

IMG_3917.jpg

I generally like to be liking at least 2 days to proof out and relax the dough before using and sometimes even go as long as 5 days. I'll check it tomorrow and see how happening it is.

While the dough was proofing I took time out to get a couple heads of garlic roasting for later use.

Smells like...VICTORY!

IMG_3913.jpg

Gimme' a day or so and we'll rock it Texas Cracker Style. (not rayciss)

TB
what is"[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]2# King Arthur Bread Flour"[/background] king arthur bread flour is the flour ok? and the 2#?? 2 pakcs, 2 cups 2 pounds?? I do not know this measure.

TB
what is"[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]2# King Arthur Bread Flour"[/background] king arthur bread flour is the flour ok? and the 2#?? 2 pakcs, 2 cups 2 pounds?? I do not know this measure.

King Arthur Bread flour is a good quality high gluten flour used for breads and pizza doughs.

Some pizza snobs on THP (JayT) think they have to use 00 Caputo, which is fine if you're in Italy.

# is the symbol for pound.

T is the symbol for tablespoon.

t is the symbol for teaspoon.

Its also important to note, baking is the only time I measure anything.

Anything else and I just eye ball it.

Its also important to note, baking is the only time I measure anything.
Anything else and I just eye ball it.
I've been with you on that, myself - only measuring when baking. But lately I've found myself winging it a bit, and coming up with some really nice variations - sometimes texture, sometimes flavor, etc. You da man, TB - next time you're in a bake-something mood, give it a try.

I've been with you on that, myself - only measuring when baking. But lately I've found myself winging it a bit, and coming up with some really nice variations - sometimes texture, sometimes flavor, etc. You da man, TB - next time you're in a bake-something mood, give it a try.

G when I am called upon to do something like dill rolls or sticky buns, I use a specific recipe. If I'm experimenting I have a couple base recipes I stick to but once I cover the base, then I just toss stuff in.

I usually make a quick beer dough. I like a thin crispy crust anyway, so I use crappy ingredients, cheap all purpose flour, cheap all purpose beer. Comes out great.

But last time I made dough I bought King Arthur Bread Flour, and followed a recipe that called for a several day fridge proof.

IT CAME OUT FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!!!! The dough felt professional.

I totally understand why people make it this way. Can't wait to see what The TB does with it!

I use KA bread flour sometimes too. I don't always use 00 but I do prefer it. I too am anxious to see what you do with it. I am going to make me some pizzas this week too I think.

I have some chicken marinating, as well as two london broils to make pit beef with, so I will have to wait for some fridge space to open up, (I like to cold proof my dough for two or three days) but I am going to be making some trial runs for the grilled pizza td this weekend.

Whaddaya think? A candidate for run-on sentence of the year?

I usually make a quick beer dough. I like a thin crispy crust anyway, so I use crappy ingredients, cheap all purpose flour, cheap all purpose beer. Comes out great.

But last time I made dough I bought King Arthur Bread Flour, and followed a recipe that called for a several day fridge proof.

IT CAME OUT FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!!!! The dough felt professional.

I totally understand why people make it this way. Can't wait to see what The TB does with it!

I just checked the dough.

The dough is developing slow.

This will also be a multi day dough.

The cracker style also needs to be rolled several times with dusting of flour in between and then sheeted.

Fitty, how did you bake yours?

Sheet pan? Cutting pan? What temp?

I use KA bread flour sometimes too. I don't always use 00 but I do prefer it. I too am anxious to see what you do with it. I am going to make me some pizzas this week too I think.

I was joking about you being a pizza snob. Kinda.

I have to drive dang near an hour to get 00 flour.

Then again I ain't making for true roma style so why bother.

What the hail tb posted some manana crap again maybe a few manana FAIL! Someone post some damn peat su now post some peat su PEAT SU!

Back