food The Last Great Pizza Thread

What the hail tb posted some manana crap again maybe a few manana FAIL! Someone post some damn peat su now post some peat su PEAT SU!

Reread my earlier post as well as Fitty's.

This is a multi day proof in the fridge.

And for the record, don't get any bright ideas that this is "practice" or "research" for the outdoor pizza t-down.

This is sheeted oven style all the way.

Manana king... post it all in one! I can make a cheese steak and post when I buy the roll but what's the point? :lol:

Looking at raw dough for 2 days.

Okay okay it better be epic!

Post another pic of that dough. Maybe it's risen another mm :P

Fitty, how did you bake yours?

Screw any professionals who read this.
I'm not one of you.

I roll mine with a rolling pin so it's as round and thin as I want it (I can hear the snob-scoffs, f**k off)

I do this on dusted PARCHMENT PAPER (Stop it snobs. I get it, you don't need it. blah blah blah...it works!)

I cut a circle to eliminate the excess parchment with scissors. Slide that baby on a 500 degree pizza stone for about 9 minutes.
Perfect.

Every time I use a peel I get toppings all over the back of my oven and my pizza turns out artisan style.
Screw that.
This is the way to go for the casual pizza-man.
(and I make pizza at least once a week. Great food for the kiddies and use of leftovers)

I just felt an eye-roll.

Eat me.

Oh, and....

LOL!!

We use parchment paper and roll the dough and don't even bother to 500F it (especially in the summer), 475F is all it gets and we don't bother to trim the parchment paper ...

I am considering stepping up to some proper flour though, after reading THP of late ...

Screw any professionals who read this.
I'm not one of you.

I roll mine with a rolling pin so it's as round and thin as I want it (I can hear the snob-scoffs, f**k off)

I do this on dusted PARCHMENT PAPER (Stop it snobs. I get it, you don't need it. blah blah blah...it works!)

I cut a circle to eliminate the excess parchment with scissors. Slide that baby on a 500 degree pizza stone for about 9 minutes.
Perfect.

Every time I use a peel I get toppings all over the back of my oven and my pizza turns out artisan style.
Screw that.
This is the way to go for the casual pizza-man.
(and I make pizza at least once a week. Great food for the kiddies and use of leftovers)

I just felt an eye-roll.

Eat me.

Oh, and....

LOL!!

Screw those heretics and poopy snobs Fitty.

I'm with you.

I don't see anyone posting pics of tossing pizza. (non convict)

Rolling pin for cracker style and thin crust all the way.

Let those lemming's follow the trends right over the cliff of uncool.

THP enjoy your boxed Shakey's NYC style slice!! :rofl:

Shitbags.

I just went to hit the edit button but missed and REPORTED myself.

For a cracker crust, being consistant by weighing the each time is the key. Shouldn't have to trim the crust.
Lower hydration for the dough, also helps. Sheet or pin to "windowpane" thickness and dock the heck out of it.
Of course, that type of disk can't support a "ton" of ingredients..........like a regular crust...

Back