food The Last Great Pizza Thread

TB's gonna need another day, I reckon.

So I figure I'll give everyone something to drool at for a little while until his professional dough is ready to play.

I think I violated some rules on this one, but screw it. Most of the pizzas here are SoFlo, you know where I stand.
Cheap easy dinner for the family.

Fitty's Hot Banana Boats

Took a loaf of Cuban, sliced it in half the long way to make 2 pizza platforms.
Cut off a section for the youngin who only like butter, mozzarella, and black olives. Weird. That's how they roll.

My sections (I got 3) have a little Butter, fresh sliced Tomatoes, a touch of Mozz, Hard Salami, more Mozz, and Hot Banana Pepper rings.
Threw them bitches in the oven for a little while. Cracked open a few brewskies. Ate it like it owed me something.

The TB will have better pizza tomorrow. But this should suffice until then (it was delicious, and I have breakfast and dinner manana).

RAW!
IMGP2724.jpg

COOKED!
IMGP2727.jpg

IMGP2728.jpg

I made your mom one, but she's not here yet.

Yeah Fitty....

You ARE breaking the rules.

But I'm drooling.

I might have to self REPORT myself again.

Dough is looking a touch weak but I'm firing up the oven anyway.

You know the drill.

Pics manana.

I might have to self REPORT myself again.
Yeah. Take a vid so we can hit the rewind button!

Dough is looking a touch weak but I'm firing up the oven anyway.
You know the drill. Pics manana.
Ya da ya da yada.....

FD - I'm always suspicious of things like salami, as most have BP in them. But those look like a great after-work-gettin'-your-beer-on option. Slap them together and BOOM!

Okay I lied.

Pics tonight!

TB' Almost Cracker Style Pizza.

This is for you Fitty.

Got all my mice in place. Chopped pickled 'peno. Anchovie. Roasted garlic. Sliced mozz.

IMG_3918.jpg

Rolled this baby out pretty dang thin on a flour dusted board and slapped it on to a 13" perforated baking pan. Then came the toppings. I would have taken pics of rolling it out but hey, I had flour all over my bad 'sef!

Ready to go into a 450f oven.

IMG_3921.jpg

Exactly 13 minutes later. You can really smell the aroma of garlic and anchovie.

Something that Bear. That guy. would roll in out by the bushes in Fitty's back yard.

IMG_3923.jpg

The scheeze melted perfectly and the proportions of garlic, 'peno, and anchovie were right on!

IMG_3924.jpg

This came out super thin as you can see but not cracker style as I planned. It had a good amount of chew. The crust still had quite a bit of moisture. I reckon I need to raise the oven temp and/or possibly par bake the crust next time to achieve a proper crispy cracker style.

IMG_3927.jpg

I really like to be liking this recipe.

It just needs some adjustments.

It's almost bedtime.

Douse that light.

Nice.......I'd like that one .........extra anchovies for me, Using a pizza screen is the way to go for the cracker....

I've been avoiding this thread.
And now I remember why!

I want pizza now.

Damn you FD & TB!!!!!!! (btw - exceptional specimens there guys!!!!! Truly Top Shelf!!!!! :D )

+1 TB - it adds a little sumpin' sumpin' - I just found pizza stones for the grill at HD last night gonna hafta go back and score one for this weekend

Like this one from Weber

Attachments

• pizza stone.jpg
    pizza stone.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 69
There is nothing special about grill pizza stones.
You can use normal stones or quarry tile (unglazed!) on the grill.

But that one looks nice if the price is right, those handles would be good on a kettle

Several years ago I got 2 stones.

One I got at Sonoma Williams (paid way too much) a big honkin' rectagular stone that was a mac daddy for my gas stove when we were in the big dry ditch. It was great for crisping up a pie.

The other I got at Wally World that was a smaller circular stone and was cheaper but was a total waste of $$ because the gas grill I had at time never got hot enough to use it effectively, which is also one reason I don't like gas grills.

I have a new Kenmore electric stove now and while it heats up pretty fast for an electric, who wants to wait a half hour to 45 minutes to get the stone up to proper temp?

The pizza screen is definitely the way to go for the electric.

Cast iron is always a good choice for pizza as well, 'specially that Chicago sheeit they pawn off as pizza that they call "deep dish".

Back