food The Last Great Pizza Thread

Damn... People have really stepped up their pizza game, now the the TD weekend is here.

I have never in my life attempted a grilled pizza. This weekend may be the last time I say that. Those pizzas are theee stuff.

I have never in my life attempted a grilled pizza.

Does not have to be grilled. Many ways to cook a pizza outdoors. Wood oven. Pizza stone on grill. Grilled. Makeshift oven. Torch. :)

img33b.jpg
:rofl:

Playing around with some NY style pies...

King Arthur bread flour
587g Flour
370g Water
9g Sea salt
6g Olive oil
2.5g ADY
Mixed for 3 minutes, rested for 15 and kneaded for 12. Then left to cold rise for three days.
Low moisture whole milk mozzarella with strips of fresh. Topped with roasted garlic.
7978378522_2dcc2030fc_b.jpg

7978376276_f3b1e7bf30_b.jpg

7978377300_b2ce8fb860_b.jpg

Baked on a preheated stone at 550°F for 6 minutes and finished under the broiler for about 45 seconds.

Came out foldable and sloppy with a good crumb...not quite NY but great for a home oven.
mmmmmmmmmmmmm. :cheers:

-Peter

Wow, looks like good Neapolitan to me!

Very very nice

Going to do a heap more pizzas this weekend, and try my idea which didn't come to fruition this T/D, lack of fresh ingredients and too much booze

Damn those are nice! Does NOT look like from a home oven.

B2B that is some awesome looking crust.

I must have missed it but how did you bake those?

They have a whole wheat flour look about them.

If they are whole wheat, that certainly gives me some inspiration.

Careful B2B - or we'll be recruiting you for pizza making next NWChilefest!!!!! hahaha

You are simply nailing that crust! How much more perfect do you intend on getting?!?!

B2B that is some awesome looking crust.

I must have missed it but how did you bake those?

They have a whole wheat flour look about them.

If they are whole wheat, that certainly gives me some inspiration.
No whole wheat in these, just King Arthur bread flour. These were baked on a preheated stone at 550F for around 5 minutes.
Then removed from the oven for 1-2 minutes while the broiler heats up, then right under the broiler for around 45 seconds.
Going to try some all whole wheat stuff with super-high hydration.
You are simply nailing that crust! How much more perfect do you intend on getting?!?!
Thanks! Still tons of formulations to try, preferments, using a sour dough starter ect. Can't stop now ;) Not until my family/friends get sick of eating :cheers:

-Peter

I am preparing the makings of a grilled cheezer as we speak. I have never attempted this in my life.

Any last minute suggestions I should know when grillin a pizza??

I'm going with a margarita style pizza

The women is going white pizza. I frickin love me some white pizza.

Back