food The Last Great Pizza Thread

I may have made 10 pizzas in my lifetime.
I just generally don't make or even eat pizza.
The crust is starchy, tomatoe sauce kind of upsets my stomach,
I don't really care for things like pepperoni... Plenty of reasons not to make pizza.

Please! Show us your masterpiece!

I can hardly wait.....

;)

Hey Booma, that new dough recipe sounds awesome!!!! Airy but with chew is the perfect dough. There's a trick if it gets too puffy, have the pizza wheel in your hand and if you see a big bubble give it a whack. Also pushing the sauce/cheese out further helps.

Ok, I'm not going to post this pizza after all - I've decided to JayT it this time, and remake it for the TD. So good.

Well, if rigging the grill works, I'll remake it for the TD. Otherwise I'll come post it here instead.

Good Girl!!!! Save it for the TD!!!!!!!!!

Then rock our mother-luvin' minds!!!!!!! :party:

( can't wait G!!!!!! ).....and have even MORE fun then!!!!!!!! :D

Ok, I'm not going to post this pizza after all - I've decided to JayT it this time, and remake it for the TD. So good.

Well, if rigging the grill works, I'll remake it for the TD. Otherwise I'll come post it here instead.

Boooooooooooo!

Thats the same as THP.

Non posting is a FAIL.

More Booooooooooo!

Yeah boooooo

Im going try a few ideas out this weekend, got monday off, try some ideas and dough mixtures, Will Post Pics haha

and THP new dough mix is great got some leftover to use this weekend and then going to make up some different blends and mixes

Hey Booma, that new dough recipe sounds awesome!!!! Airy but with chew is the perfect dough. There's a trick if it gets too puffy, have the pizza wheel in your hand and if you see a big bubble give it a whack. Also pushing the sauce/cheese out further helps.

Yeh its great, one problem though, they cook and puff so quick, unless you want to bring the pizza out to give it a whack, you going lose all your arm hair and quite possibly burn by reaching in.......... tried once, maybe twice, learnt from that.

More cheese next is way easier

Hmmm might give that a crack.

Although the old arm hair adds a little character, and really keeps the hair under control

This thread is great and gives me motivation to make my already spicy pizzas even hotter.

I usually put a few raw Jalapenos and/or hot chilies along with a finely diced Habanero or Paper Lantern, but I think I’ll step it up a notch or 4 with some ground Ghost pepper that I got last time I was at the spice store.

Few more roasted veg pies.

Dough...proofed for two days in the fridge.
250g bread flour/250g 00 Caputo
10g salt
3g dry yeast
325g water (or beer)

7910307002_0e95368a52_h.jpg

Came out great paired with red 7 powder.

-Peter

Thought id try some different things tonight, super thin crust, minimal toppings.

What i learnt, the caramelised onion is too overpowering, proscuitto needs to be added only the last minute of cooking and that garlic prawns on the pizza are great, but...... all the excess liquid makes for a sloppy mouthful......

SDC11384.jpg

Potato and Caramelised Onion

SDC11385.jpg

Proscuitto and Red Onion

SDC11388.jpg

Super thin

SDC11400.jpg

Garlic Prawn Marinara

SDC11392-1.jpg

Nice Born2.

What i learnt, the caramelised onion is too overpowering, proscuitto needs to be added only the last minute of cooking and that garlic prawns on the pizza are great, but...... all the excess liquid makes for a sloppy mouthful......

Tru dat! I actually add the prosciutto after the pie is done. When it's bubbling hot, it sweats the prosciutto just like I like. Try it. I agree you don't add it first or early, to me crispy prosciutto is a sin, it takes a year to cure that meat, and then you're gonna crisp it like bacon? No no.

I don't care for prosciutto crisp like bacon, but a tad more done than you like it, Dan. I add mine late in the cooking, or, if I'm feeling lazy, add it as a bottom layer so the stuff on top helps keep it from getting too done.

I havent had to many issues with it usually but this was sliced super thin, different brand from normal.

Prawns cooked perfectly, only thing missing was some squid

Back