• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Last Great Pizza Thread

'Bout time we had a thread for all those that make their own dough and sauce. Too many good cooks on THP to let something as magnificent as that king of foods, pizza go unnoticed on this forum. This thread however comes with some rules to post...

1) Make your own dough and post the recipe. Thin crust. Whole wheat. Foccacia. NY or Chicago style. Naan....your choice!

2) Make your own sauce and post the recipe. Red. White. Olive oil w/ garlic. Whatever gets your mojo workin'!

3) Mandatory that it brings teh heat. Habs. Serrano's. Bhut's. T-Scorps. Fatalli. Hot sauce's and puree's will qualify. Using wimp sauce's such as Tabasco Brand or Franks will
be ridiculed with extreme prejudice and boooooed heavily!

4) Toppings can be anything. Pepperoni. Avocado. Greek olives. Pulled pork. If it came out of the ground or walked, swam or crawled, its all cool and the gang!

5) Bake them in the oven on a sheet pan. In cast iron. A pizza stone. On the grill. Got a wood fired pizza oven? Have mercy!

6) Pics are mandatory! Anyone can talk smack about it but put up or shut up. No pics? It never happened and ridiculing and boooooing will follow. Capiche?

Alright ya'll, lets get it on.....

so despite my car being in the shop due to supercharger failure, I convinced my sister to drive me to the store and get stuff to make pizza tonight

one will be a taco pizza

the other will be a meat lovers pizza

meat lovers will have no heat

taco pizza will be stupid hot, and I mean stupid hot

not gonna start cooking for another 2 hours or so, but im gonna go up and make the dough now so I can let it rise a tad

god I forgot how much I hate making pizza dough

just sticks to your hands like crazy

ive tried adding olive oil, more water, less water, more flour, nothing seems to work short of spraying my hands with Pam

Nice looking pizza TB. Mine will be coming soon. Mexican night here. Wheebz I didn't know you knew how to make pizza. You been holding out on me?

So let me start this out with the fact that I have been drinking since 3, so any fowl language or improper grammar is a direct consequence of aforementioned activities

well for the first time making pizza it turned out f&*%ing fantastic

ive only ever made dough before 2 other times, one for beer bread, one for 2 weeks ago when I made the pretzel, and it was awesome

Ingredients for the dough, i completely winged it, and as much as i hated making it, it turned out awesome

Unknown amount of flour
some water, unknown amount
yeasties
sugar
EVOO
im not even going to go through the process of making dough, because when I think about it i want to kill italians for being so damn good at it. I am Irish, all I know how to do is drink damnit

Tomato sauce for each pizza consisted of tomato sauce base, and for the mexican it was Cholua or however you spell it seasoning, Sassy's Pepper Blend, Tex Mex seasoning I got from a friend, some Scotch Bonnet sweet sauce, and a shitload of Red Savina powder, almost overwhelming, but so freakin tasty its worth the burn. For the meat lovers it was tomato sauce base, basil, garlic, thyme, sea salt, and fresh cracked white and pink peppercorns

Toppings for Meat Lovers
sauteed mushrooms, pepperoni's, thick cut applewood smoked bacon, and i mean THICK, ham, and for the cheese I did fresh shredded sharp cheddar

Toppings for mexican pizza
Chorizo sausage, a mexican blend of 5 different authentic style cheeses, lettuce, a sour cream and smoked paprika aeoli, and some Defcon Smokey Seasoning

dad just got home, and looked at the pizza's and was like "WTF, there are 2 fresh made pizza's here but no damn Bourbon, i thought i taught you better than that." So i proceeded to go downstairs to MY liquor cabinet and grab him a bottle of Willett Reserve, at 55 dollar 1/5th of Bourbon, and make him a Manhattan, and once he tasted it was like "I am not a fan of Willett"

Wanted to punch him in the mouth, but im going to enjoy my pizza instead, that asshole

heres the pics

2010-10-13_18-10-25_85.jpg

2010-10-13_18-47-26_514.jpg

2010-10-13_19-25-24_588.jpg

Pam is that special something that makes it slippery, non sticky, and hot without the burn

shes a dirty girl she is

but in all honesty, i used straight butter tonight on the 2 pans since I was out of PAM, and I finally realized what people did before PAM existed

I am only 25, i took 4 years off from cooking for the military and being in a situation where I couldnt prepare my own food, that sexy thing known as PAM spoiled me man

dude, Jay, the Weyerbacher Tiny from last year was freakin incredible, i mean SERIOUSLY OUTDID the beer when we had it last year at the restaurant

bang for the buck, after a single year, thats in the top 3 for stouts ive drank, hell its better than my imperial raisin stout I made last year, and thats saying something

dude, Jay, the Weyerbacher Tiny from last year was freakin incredible, i mean SERIOUSLY OUTDID the beer when we had it last year at the restaurant

bang for the buck, after a single year, thats in the top 3 for stouts ive drank, hell its better than my imperial raisin stout I made last year, and thats saying something

You have any more? :beer:

nope, drank the Tiny 750ml bottle and the Southern Tier Mokah 22oz bottle tonight, plus a couple shots of Corralejo and Eagle Rare

im in the bag

Hot blue and righteous wheebz! I reckon I'd mao on those pizzas, lettue and all!

On another note, I should have known that between you, Jay and Paul, this would turn into Drunken Pizza! :beer:

well yea dude, that was almost a given

and knowing you, i can guarantee you were drinking/dranking/drunkeded when you made yours too

Back