• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Last Great Pizza Thread

'Bout time we had a thread for all those that make their own dough and sauce. Too many good cooks on THP to let something as magnificent as that king of foods, pizza go unnoticed on this forum. This thread however comes with some rules to post...

1) Make your own dough and post the recipe. Thin crust. Whole wheat. Foccacia. NY or Chicago style. Naan....your choice!

2) Make your own sauce and post the recipe. Red. White. Olive oil w/ garlic. Whatever gets your mojo workin'!

3) Mandatory that it brings teh heat. Habs. Serrano's. Bhut's. T-Scorps. Fatalli. Hot sauce's and puree's will qualify. Using wimp sauce's such as Tabasco Brand or Franks will
be ridiculed with extreme prejudice and boooooed heavily!

4) Toppings can be anything. Pepperoni. Avocado. Greek olives. Pulled pork. If it came out of the ground or walked, swam or crawled, its all cool and the gang!

5) Bake them in the oven on a sheet pan. In cast iron. A pizza stone. On the grill. Got a wood fired pizza oven? Have mercy!

6) Pics are mandatory! Anyone can talk smack about it but put up or shut up. No pics? It never happened and ridiculing and boooooing will follow. Capiche?

Alright ya'll, lets get it on.....

After all that fish, I am craving a pizza.  So... pepperoni, bacon, and red jalapeno with mozza, provolone, cheddar, and parmesan cheeses. 

101_0029.JPG

101_0030.JPG

101_0032.JPG

A little Italian seasoning and pouring Lucky Dog's new Black Label all over it and I am happy.

Old Chinese proverb say "Round as the moon, hot as the sun, mean pizza is well done."

:)

Very nice Pizza JayT, that would certainly keep my hangover in check (although I don't get hangovers anymore, even going to bed at 3am, because I am a pro). That would certainly complement Deadliest Catch and 15 beers very very nicely.  

That time of the year to make a pie with the Pumpkin Habaneros...

There's enough here for 3 pizza's. ..Crimini Mushrooms, Garlic, Fresh Basil and Oregano, Pumpkin Habaneros, Roasted Fennel Seeds, Anise Seeds,  Shallot, Dough Ball (27 oz...Bread Flour, 67% hydration., 3 day fridge ferment...divided into 3 pieces), Italian Sausage 2lbs, Motz, Sharp Provolone and Parma Reggie Cheeses, Balsamic Vinegar, San Marzano Tomatoes.

Tomato Sauce is raw...Tomatoes, few cloves of Garlic, Salt, Basil and Oregano,  crushed Anise Seed, splahsh of Vinegar...mix in food processor. Layer sauce, Sausage with extra Fennel Seed, Pamasean, Provolone, Mushrooms, Shallots, Mozzarella, Habaneros.....Preheat oven with pizza stone on higest oven rack at 525 deg for 45 min. Slide pie onto stone.

Almost there.......thicker than usual dough used to support the extra ingredients.

plating with an Octoberfest brew.........a Habanero with every bite !

Crapsicles!

After perusing through these pages earlier I decided to get some dough going.

But to my surprise I found a small army of teeny tiny mites in my flour and sugar in the pantry.

Had to throw everything out and disinfect.

Damn bugs!!!

Seems like the cooler weather always seems to drive the bugs into the house. 

Mainly mites and spiders.

They don't stand a chance though with a good vacuum.

Got to go and hit up the Try-N-Save for mohr sheeit.

While you are shopping, I am eating...

Meatlovers, with pepperoni, sweet Italian sausage, cappicola, honey ham, and Genoa salami.

102_0162.JPG

102_0163.JPG

And just plain cheese and sausage.

102_0161.JPG

I am getting the hang of this round pizza thing, no?  I think I am going to have to make some amoebas again soon just so I don't forget how.

Is the last one cheddar or is that your yellow kitchen again? Adjust your color temperature sir!

Now it makes more sense. Lookin' good from here.

No heats on the cheese and sausage as that one was for the kid and the missus, but mine had sriracha splooged in with the sauce, and superhot blend sprinkled over the top.  I also like to sample sauces (review sauces) individually on the slices as I eat them.

Back