• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Last Great Pizza Thread

'Bout time we had a thread for all those that make their own dough and sauce. Too many good cooks on THP to let something as magnificent as that king of foods, pizza go unnoticed on this forum. This thread however comes with some rules to post...

1) Make your own dough and post the recipe. Thin crust. Whole wheat. Foccacia. NY or Chicago style. Naan....your choice!

2) Make your own sauce and post the recipe. Red. White. Olive oil w/ garlic. Whatever gets your mojo workin'!

3) Mandatory that it brings teh heat. Habs. Serrano's. Bhut's. T-Scorps. Fatalli. Hot sauce's and puree's will qualify. Using wimp sauce's such as Tabasco Brand or Franks will
be ridiculed with extreme prejudice and boooooed heavily!

4) Toppings can be anything. Pepperoni. Avocado. Greek olives. Pulled pork. If it came out of the ground or walked, swam or crawled, its all cool and the gang!

5) Bake them in the oven on a sheet pan. In cast iron. A pizza stone. On the grill. Got a wood fired pizza oven? Have mercy!

6) Pics are mandatory! Anyone can talk smack about it but put up or shut up. No pics? It never happened and ridiculing and boooooing will follow. Capiche?

Alright ya'll, lets get it on.....

Booma aint gatt a Taint. but Pizza hes GoTT!

whoa dad is right I will love your puzza tomaorrow as I can sprll better. my buy! goood jobbs!

Pizzas!!!

Forgot i didnt have a pizza peeeeeeeeellllllll, frist 2 were terrible shape and stuff, made do later ontrays

SDC12300.JPG

SDC12301.JPG

SDC12302.JPG

SDC12304.JPG

SDC12305.JPG

SDC12307.JPG

Booma said:
Forgot i didnt have a pizza peeeeeeeeellllllll, frist 2 were terrible shape and stuff, made do later ontrays
post-5801-0-13644900-1378022134.jpg

clyde.png

Actually, they all look awesome! Even the amoeba pizza.  :lol:

Did I just count SIX pizzas?!?!?!

I'm dying to know what the toppings are! But that doesn't really even matter....I'm wanting all of them anyway!

Nice job Booma!!!!!!   :D

Booma Booma Booma.... If you kick ass any harder, Bruce Lee will come back from the dead just to kiss your feet.

Who says pizzas come from Italy? Oz is where its at.

Chile Juju said:
Did I just count SIX pizzas?!?!?!

I'm dying to know what the toppings are! But that doesn't really even matter....I'm wanting all of them anyway!

Nice job Booma!!!!!!   :D
First cheese and garlic pizza

Then a pumpkin, prosciutto, feta and balsamic

Couple chilli lemon marinated prawn and scallop pizzas

Salami and mushroom

And BBQ meat

This is like Kickball.

And all the damn Aussie's get picked first!

(little known fact) I was born in Australia.

OK that was a lie.

I was born in Texas.

Texas and Australia are the same I reckon.

Just differnt' hemispheres. 

I used a modified naan bread recipe for the base (with avocado in it instead of olive oil) and the cheese is home made. Unbelievably I hardly got to eat any of it as my 7-year old son wolfed down the majority!

I'd eat that naan crusted pizza pronto too.

So you made the dough, the sauce, and even the cheese?

I might be mistaken, but the home made cheese on the pizza may be a first for this thread.

Awesome and chingon!

Siv just raised the bar y'all!

texas blues said:
So you made the dough, the sauce, and even the cheese?

Unfortunately I didn't make the sauce - that's out a bottle. Yeah, the cheese is a soy cheddar (I now can't eat dairy) which I made a few weeks ago and was aging. It melted well but was a pain to get onto the pizza. I froze the rest so that I can grate it on for better coverage next time.

I bet your cheese would go great on TB's Soyrizo!

And don't forget the Whole Wheat Tortillas!

:runsthehelloutofhereandnailsthedoorshut:

Nice job Siv. 
That might be the most unique pie around.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around soy cheddar...
And avocado IN the crust...

Cool ideas. Looks good and gassy!!

frydad4 said:
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around soy cheddar...
And avocado IN the crust...

Cheese = 49% fat & 36% protein
Soy = 13% fat & 34% protein

Soy has not as much fat so you may need to add some but other than that, you treat soy milk as you would cows milk and you get a very similar end product. But for melting cheese (since there isn't as much fat), you use a seaweed extract called carrageenan to help solidify the cheese.

Avocado is pretty oily so instead of using olive oil in the dough, I replace it with avocado!

Back