food The Last Great Pizza Thread

Other 2:
iji55gtHX4mss.jpg

i3LioleClIfwi.jpg

That time i used fire oil to marinade onions and they got pretty hot (a bit too much for non chile heads).

idS493VfILkzs.jpg

iy9926a5o8tj0.jpg

Sopressa (a bad one) and mushrooms. No heat in that one or guys would have killed me.

Great looking pizza CH.

I see you're using canned mushrooms.

Fresh are unavailable?

Of course some people just prefer canned.

Any hot stuff on there?

Gotta' have the hot stuff dontcha' know.

I collect old cast iron and love using them for baking my pizza and breads. Here are a couple of my pizzas. I'm going to get a kamado grill so I can make better pizza at 700-1000* like the specialty places do. I use a San Francisco Sourdough Starter that I've had going on now for about 2 years. I use this for all my bread and pizza recipes. It stays in my frig and I take away and add to it every couple of weeks. Sometimes I mix whatever herbs into the dough for my pizza and sometimes I don't. Here are a few pics of some think and thin crust pizzas that I've made. Some in CI Skillets, Lodge CI Pizza Griddle and the other one is a CI Griddle made in the late 1800's that is 16 inches. My sauce ca be anything from a marinara that I doctor,a re homemade sauce from scratch, pesto sauce or sometimes just a nice olive oil, garlic and basil thinly over the dough. I'm always playing around with recipes and using whatever I have on hand. 

Here is another thin crust 18 inch. That is an 18 inch tile it is on

And the other on my old CI Griddle

Attachments

• pizza.jpg
    pizza.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 52
  • thin crust combo.jpg
    thin crust combo.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 44
  • pizza after.jpg
    pizza after.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 42
texas blues said:
Great looking pizza CH.

I see you're using canned mushrooms.

Fresh are unavailable?

Of course some people just prefer canned.

Any hot stuff on there?

Gotta' have the hot stuff dontcha' know.

You are a good observer ... golden eye!
We have available various kinds of fresh mushrooms. Portobello, champignon, oyster, pine mushroom, etc.. But these were bought on the way home on the market. There was no time in between to actually buy beer and charge a can of mushrooms.
Even I have a crop of oyster mushrooms, but the season seems to have ended two weeks ago. I think I will not have more until November of my growing.

My grow of mushroom: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/46593-my-oyster-mushroom-cultivation/#entry981710

I'm not all that crazy about artichokes.

To me they're rather on the bland side and I like bold flavors on pizza.

One of my favorites is sun dried tomato, green olive, and anchovy.

My taste buds are whack like that.

texas blues said:
I'm not all that crazy about artichokes.

To me they're rather on the bland side and I like bold flavors on pizza.

One of my favorites is sun dried tomato, green olive, and anchovy.

My taste buds are whack like that.
The make a real good marinated artichoke heart 2 pack that Costco carries and they are really good. I agree that the fresh ones are rather bland. see below

http://www2.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11631396&whse=BD_823&topnav=bdoff

The dough is made ​​by my wife. 

The sauce is canned tomatoes from my garden. The color is defined by the variety of canned tomatoes...

Canned tomato 660cc natural. (The size of bottle that use) 
3 cloves of garlic 
1/2 medium onion 
1/2 bell pepper or sweet pepper. 
? hot peppers depending on who is going to eat 
cumin, black pepper, oregano, crushed red pepper. 
Fresh herbs from my garden 
extra virgin oil olliva 
few drops of Worcestershire sauce 
salt 

I put all crushed in a pan, simmer for half an hour, stirring. When the sauce thickens and has dark, time to use it.

2014-03-15%252020.57.53.jpg

2014-03-15%252021.03.37.jpg

2014-03-15%252021.14.58.jpg

2014-03-15%252021.20.31.jpg

2014-03-15%252021.24.24.jpg

2014-03-15%252021.41.02.jpg

2014-03-15%252021.44.13.jpg

This cheese is really organic. My neighbor owns dairy and manufactures high quality natural cheeses. I know no better quality than this cheese.

2014-03-15%252021.45.37.jpg

Leftover sauce is packaged and used the following week

2014-03-15%252021.51.37.jpg

He pureed it all and it's in that jar.

Back